Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook....early edition









Outside my window.....a perfectly warm sunny day that calls to come run off the excessive energy of exhilaration




I am thinking......that my God has heard me. He is indeed good all the time.




I am thankful for......the fact that Ivye will not be our last baby.



I am wearing......skinny clothes...for now.




I am remembering.....the extreme and volatile emotions of the last 9 months and wondering for so very long what exactly God has planned for our family.




I am going.......to celebrate and embrace every moment of this.




I am reading.......Runner's World Guide to Running & Pregnancy




I am hoping......that this comes to fruition and is brought to fulfillment in His perfect time.




I am hearing......my beloved husband's words playing back through my head....how overwhelming and unimagineable his love is for me, how absolutely beautiful I am to him and how his excitement over our new discovery grows each day.




On my mind......October 28th, 2010.




Noticing that......hormones are capable of sending one into weeks of absolute despair but they are also capable of producing total euphoria.




Pondering these words......"I love the Lord because He hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath! Death wrapped its ropes around me; the terrors of the grave overtook me. I saw only trouble and sorrow. Then I called on the name of the Lord: "Please, Lord, save me!" How kind the Lord is! How good He is! So merciful, this God of our's! The Lord protects those of childlike faith; I was facing death, and He saved me. Let my soul be at rest again, for the Lord has been good to me. He has saved me from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling. And so I walk in the Lord's presence as I live here on earth! I believed in You, so I said, "I am deeply troubled, Lord". In my anxiety I cried out to you...What can I offer the Lord for all He has done for me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and praise the Lord's name for saving me. I will keep my promises to the Lord in the presence of His people. Oh Lord I am your servant! You have freed me from my chains. I will offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord. I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people!" "I waited patiently for the Lord to help me and He turned to me and heard my cry." Ps 116, Ps 40:1 My God has heard and answered.




From the kitchen......homemade cookies and happy food, celebratory pizza for dinner




Around the house.....jubilant, elated kids already dreaming about what this autum will bring with it, having name debates and making gender predictions.




One of my favorite things......my children




From my picture journal......


3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOHOO!!! I am so excited for you. I knew it would happen and I'm so glad it finally did!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for twins! Congrats to you Nikki. October will be here in no time!!

Nikki Bettis said...

Beth we are finally getting way excited too! We've known for over a week. Not thinking it's twins this time around since it"s taken a little while for my hcg to come up and register a really good strong positive on the test. Couldn't get a + early at all and then on the day I was to finally test I was able to get this. I've definitely gotten stronger lines before at that stage with some of my other single pregnancies. But hoping this wee one sticks! It'll be a long 9-12 weeks waiting for a heartbeat!!! But I think the more children you have the faster the time goes. Ivye's pregnancy seemed like it was only a couple of months! Keep us in your prayers.

Sara said...

Congrats to you and your family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...