It's slower than last time by 5 seconds but I figure after having had severe shin splints and then being down with bronchitis it wasn't too bad. The good news is that I actually had to walk 1/8 of a mile and still was only 5 seconds behind my last time. I figured I must have picked it up a notch in speed to have walked a minute of it but still only been 5 seconds slower. Not bad. I will safely say that it is not exactly in the best interest of one's lungs to try and run when a constant lingering cough resides. Lung capacity feels as though it is but a fraction of what it should be. But I sucked it up....literally....and completed the whole mile....then walked another 1/2 mile before and after. Rested awhile and got coughing and wheezing back under control and went on to do 50 jump squats. That was fun til the legs wanted to give and coughing resumed even more out of control than it was from my running endeavors. Soooo...despite the fact I drank about a bottle and a half of cough medicine yesterday and drained the inhaler I have come to the realization that there is some hidden disclaimer that if any physical exertion has been put forth it does not work............at. all. No amount of homeopathic remedies even dented it. And I searched the world over and about tried them all. The insanity factor is...I'm going to go do it all over again tomorrow. I'm tired of waiting for all the circumstances to be right and everything to heal itself. So..shins were in only minor pain yesterday and coughing will eventually be overcome one way or another. I figure maybe all the new, fresh air in there will help speed up the recovery process...maybe. In theory, at least. But until then, I plan on running.
The reality of it all is..........I must admit to some amount of defeat which just does not ever bode well to this soul of mine. There is no way I'm going to be able to run a 5K in a mere 2 weeks. I can barely put out one mile. If I had some breathing ability I could probably put in a good mile and a half. But, as is, it's not really happening. This to me is a huge blow....because I failed. I'm not about to give it all up just because I didn't make my self appointed deadline. The next 5K here is not until June 26th. That just sounds kinda hot and really unfun. There's a ton of them around the DFW area so if we can pull it off I have every intention of competing in one up there sometime in April. It sounds cooler and will keep me going.
For now...the children and I are headed to town to finally purchase our new dining table and chairs. Our children will no longer be in danger of suffering from mesasilla disorder. I'm afraid my own best friend of a mother was fearful of children suffering some mental illness due to the lack of an official place to eat. That combined with the fact that I have cooked every meal for the last 2 weeks constituted the great need for a place to actually plant ourselves to partake of it all. Due to the benevolence of my own sweet dad who loves us more than life itself we now have the funds to go make our grand purchase....as we are committed to staying out of debt in every way.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Considering everything that has happened, the fact that you haven't just given up is a victory in itself! Don't let your own mind steal that from you.
As for a dining room table, we recently bought one (like you). I was having trouble finding one that was big enough for all of us but that would fit in our house. Finally found a business conference table and it's perfect!!! narrower than most dining tables, which gave us room to fit it in our kitchen with room to walk around and plenty long enough too.
LOL Chris!!! That's about what we just bought! It's 2 church utility type tables. I'm all for practicality and it meets our needs.
As for the running...I have every intention of carrying on. So, I think due to that it's easier to live through the feelings of defeat that want to pervade sometimes. I WILL run a 5K. My hope is once I get a 5K under my belt I'll go on to do a 10K. But I've got to past the 5K first! LOL!
Post a Comment