Tuesday, February 02, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook






So I'm thinking I could just rename the blog by this name since everytime I look up it's already Monday again and time to do this again. But it's still kinda fun. And...yep..I know it's not Monday but I didn't get to it yesterday.



Outside my window....cold, thick, dense morning fog



I am thinking....that my arms are almost completely non functional today after the 45 pushups I did yesterday morning...and afternoon.....and night. 2 full minutes 3x's a day will wake anything up.



I am thankful for....no debt.



I am wearing....flannel, black and white polka dot pajamas and a nose ring. Pajamas alone are too boring, you know.



I am remembering...the woman who came knocking on our door yesterday wanting back her torn up, crapped out patio table along with a garbage bag of strung out coke cans, 3 rotted bicycles, a gate and everything else that was heaped in trash piles on the property that we threw away after it all sat at a vacant house for 2 years and trashed the entire property out...and the fact that she is threatening to file a police report and press charges against me...and the fact that she fully admits to how trashed out her house is and that there is a ton of stuff that needs to be cleaned up but that she is fully convinced that none of the trashed out crap is her fault.....her ex-husband's, of course. And that no one is even near cleaning it all up because it is apparently everybody else's fault in the family....and the fact that as citizens of the town we have to live looking at their crap and totally accepting it.


I am going....to go run again! Finally. Then do more pushups. And then load everybody up and take off for town. And not remember the scary, trashy woman that showed up on my doorstep yesterday.



I am currently reading....a book about composting, Gladys Aylward, George Mueller



I am hoping.....that sweet, humorous husband will be home for awhile today instead of working.....though I am entirely grateful for the work.



On my mind......laundry, schooling children, dinner and the fact that God completely healed our oven so I am obligated to cook something.



Noticing that.....it is quite painful to the biceps and triceps to pick up a 2 year old and set him in my lap right now



Pondering these words...."Holy Fire burn away my desire for anything that is not of You and is of me. I want more of You and less of me."..... "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters to what lies within us."



From the kitchen....chocolate raspberry coffee in my favorite polka dot and striped cup.



Around the house.....a massive 100 lb dog that loves to lay at my feet while I type, shower, school or do anything else. ....and 2 cats that I have come to love despite my dislike of cats.



One of my favorite things....a shower after a good run, clean wet hair and smell good spray.





From my picture journal....


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

the way you put your life into word...beautiful. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...