Monday, January 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For this Monday





Outside my window....something other than bread and the walls of my claustrophobic kitchen



I am thinking....I hate cooking.



I am thankful....that I will never make bread again and I can buy Nature's Own whole wheat and spend our entire paycheck on bread that I should be making.




I am wearing.....flour covered yoga pants, a shirt that used to be red that is now white, bread dough permanently embedded under my fingernails along with white hair that used to be brown. I can actually feel the flour in my bra and now permanently woven into the lace of my underwear. It feels like sand. And, in fact, I no longer even need a loofah when I shower tonight due to the fact my skin has already been buffed raw.



I am remembering....how bread making went today..or rather, did not go....and how crying over it all did absolutely no one any good.....except for maybe frustrating the pig and killing the singer or however that saying goes.



I am going....to try not to yell at my children anymore today and stop thinking about the fact I want to set fire to my kitchen




I am currently reading....self help books on how not to make bread anymore and how it is perfectly acceptable for a wife and mother to not cook


I am hoping....that I don't ever have to cook again




On my mind......not bread, not cooking, not dinner.






Noticing that....I'm a lot better at every other thing in life than cooking



Pondering these words...."Bread baking is one of those almost hypnotic businesses, like a dance from some ancient ceremony. It leaves you filled with one of the world's sweetest smells...there is no chiropractic treatment, no Yoga exercise, no hour of meditation in a music throbbing chapel that will leave you emptier of bad thoughts than this homely ceremony of making bread." And I am pondering that whoever said this is full of more than just crap. They are overloaded with it.




From the kitchen....not bread...nor food....nor anything else. Just Kenny's leftover birthday cake that the children will be eating for dinner...along with raw marshmallows we did not roast this past weekend and a ton of chocolate that was supposed to be for Smore's that is now for dinner.



Around the house....fearful children that do not want to come near me at the current moment.




One of my favorite things.....not cooking.



From my picture journal.....


the 20 lb flat loaves


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...