Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook




So I found this and pretty much fell in love. When writer's block occurs....or life just happens...and I don't get around to posting much this is a good, fun, g rated post filler. Not that I have any fear that writer's block will ever in a lifetime occur...as I have plenty of entertaining things that could fill pages up..such as the things that come from the mouths of my children....both g rated and not so g rated. We won't go into the not so g rated ones. But things such as Garrett's alleged booger that turned out to be a straw wrapper that lived within his nose for the past week.....or the van's deer guard that fell off after exceeding speeds of 60 while crossing a filled creekbed 30 miles from nowhere......or the 100 lb dog that attempted to help me drive the 300 miles home. Or I could fill pages up with the amusing things they say such as Garrett coming to me one moment ago, as I am home alone with only Aubrey and the 3 little ones...and commenting about a Nilla wafer...."This is a cookie. It smells like a cookie and looks like a cookie but it is just a cookie." I am quite certain that our efforts of procreating have produced child geniuses and future Einsteins. Or such as something like Aubrey's question a few days ago, "Mom, why do we like dogs so much and keep getting them? Cause we have bad attitudes and you don't want anymore kids around....just dogs???" Can't say that I haven't contemplated that thought myself, sweet Aubrey girl. Or things such as Evye and Aubrey completely draining the entire hot water tank while staying at Mother's and Aubrey flushing the commode for 10 minutes straight trying to heat it back up while Evye stands in the cold shower saying loudly "Not yet....." over and over. Or the many songs in which they get the words totally screwed up. This seems to be an up and coming trend around here.

I sing to the children every once in awhile when I put them to bed and Garrison's song request a few nights ago....

"Mom, would you please sing me the song about when Santa cried?"
"Ummm....buddy, I don't know that one. When did Santa cry?"
"I don't know but there's a song about it."
"Hmmm....I'll have to think about it. You want me to make one up about Santa crying?...cause I really don't know of any sad songs about a jolly fat guy."
Entirely frustrated with me he states, "Mom....I'll guess I'll just sing it!"

He begins to sing "Sanctified" by Mercyme.




Or the song the children and I heard in the van the other day on our way to FW. Chorus repeated 100 times too many, "Walk on". Grayson and Evye finally asked about the 67th time it was repeated...."Why does she want gum so bad????"


Or Steven Curtis Chapman's song "God is God" in which the words are "God is God and I am not". Repeated mistakenly around here by many little singing voices as...."I am God and He is not." That's lovely.


Or yet another one...Jeremy Camp's "Empty Me" in which it states, "I need more of you and less of me" sung by many little people and usually myself too....."I want more of me and less of you." Yep..I'd say we're definitely on the right track.


Or today in the truck with Evye and Aubrey the song states, "I am so satisfied...more than I used to be" or something to that effect. Evye's question. "Mom...did you hear that???!!! He just sang that he's so fatter than he used to be!!!!"


So anyway...bunny trail there. But I found this and found it to be entirely interesting and fun. I didn't put my name at the bottom of the host page as I will probably do nothing but make fun of it and give unacceptable answers. So, I refrain from actually officially joining....as I find it is so much more fun to answer these with humor instead of answering in all dignity. I mean....who really cares what the weather is doing in your corner of the world, what you're wearing...cause I promise you it is entirely not all that enticing, what you are remembering or anything else. I mean...really......who cares what people 3 states away are having for dinner or if their dog barked today??? Not me.


But honestly...I humbly admit that I do find them interesting to some extent....a little bit..sometimes. Despite the fact I find it hard to answer them without humor I do like to read some people's thoughts.....kinda. I have to admit that some people are just plain boring. But the unboring ones....yep, I like those.


So I bring humor to this and do not dare add my name to the list of people actually participating...since I'd probably get kicked off the acceptable followers list. And hopefully nobody sees my little avatar picture square down there on the followers and clicks on it only to discover my interpretation of this highly popular thing to do. So here's Daybook entry #1 that I'm sure goes against the grain of the others. But I figure life is boring enough as it is....why not liven it up a little where you can with a little humorous truth????



For today...from my first daybook attempt:

Outside my window....2 naked little boys refilling cat food bowls.


I am thinking....the 14 month old should probably quit chewing on the knife.



I am thankful....for the dog that just crapped all over the playroom and shop.



I am wearing.....nothing? Alright, so maybe I have on 3 inch thick socks.



I am remembering....the dog crap that I need to clean up..and the fact I should probably get dressed?



I am going....to beat some kids if they don't stay in the bed.



I am currently reading....the ingredients label of my Bath and Body splurge....Black Raspberry Vanilla body spray. Why is the first ingredient always alcohol?? Do you really want to go spraying that all over your body??? Apparently I do...and about 50 other million people in the world that keep them in business.



I am hoping....that the middle bathroom sink will quit smelling like something died in there and someday will drain again. Really!



On my mind.....the naked little boy standing behind me in the same chair I sit in.



Noticing that....the computer desk seriously needs to be cleaned off despite sweet, entirely non- organizational husband's resistance to it.



Pondering these words.....I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy.



From the kitchen...dishes and dirty cabinets....and alot of 1/2 eaten carrot sticks.



Around the house.....too many awake kids.



One of my favorite things......an organized desk...which does not exist when husband is home for any length of time.



From my picture journal....look closely at Gavin (pastel blue shirt w/ green/blue turtle shorts)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...