Well........it is now 10:10 in the morning and about the only thing I have accomplished is a shower and some washed hair....which for me takes an hour in and of itself when I do the whole hair thing since I have enough of it to supply at least 15 people with. Half of the children are still in underwear or pj's and the other half are standing here watching me write this instead of doing their chores. Then we have popcorn to string, dough ornaments to make and have to attempt a way to force a Christmas tree into the wrong stand since, of course, the original stand cannot be found. Duck tape comes to mind right about now. I gave up trying to do the whole wooden and glass ornaments thing this year since three quarters of them didn't survive toddling twins last year....and a 3 year old that thought they resembled toys just a little too much. So, dough ornaments, popcorn and cranberries and a paper chain it is this year. The way I'm thinking....by this weekend the paper chains will have already been stripped and gleefully shredded to pieces, the dough ornaments lovingly cuddled with and contentedly slept resulting in some missing extremities and the popcorn already been devoured straight off the tree. This may be an ongoing all month long decorating project.
So back to the topic at hand. Time management is a little bit of an issue here. I really need to start the school day with them and due to the fact they have all avoided chores the last few days the whole Christmas School Day has been infinitely put on hold until they can actually see fit to accomplish their share of responsibility around here. But there are so many things swirling in my head that I long to write about and pictures that I have to put on here. Ohhhhhhh....what it would be to have just an entire day to write. But, instead I think I will go nurse a hungry baby, change a dirty diaper, make the other 6 some breakfast, start the 15th load of wash and get to work on my to do list. But I would rather have all of this to work to do, these many children to love on and write about than to have a lifetime of free days to sit at a desk and type. Afterall, what in the world would I ever have to say if I did not have this blessed life that I live? Maybe a naptime rendezvous with the computer can happen. If not, it'll have to be the notorious 11 pm til 3 in the morning date with it.
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment