I will be leaving this post at the top for a few days. After closing my blog to privacy for the last few days I have decided to open it back up publicly for just a few more days in an effort for everyone that was previously reading to be able to access it and leave a comment on this post or email me to let me know you would like to continue reading. Many of those that have my personal email have written wondering what has happened. I am uncertain how many readers there are that do not have my email address in order to request an invitation or seek answers as to why I closed it off. I have no clue who all is reading now since it has drawn so many unexpected people over time. My blog is now going into private setting so I will need the emails of those still interested in keeping up with it. I have set my comments so that they need to be approved by me before being displayed publicly. So, feel free to leave your email address in your comment and I will refrain from displaying it publicly in order to protect your privacy. The only way I can send you an invitation to continue accessing it is by having your email, so DO NOT forget to leave it if you would like an invitation.....since there is no other way to contact you otherwise or for you to request an invitation from me once it is closed unless you have my email address. This is only in order to protect unknown people that are up to no good from entering the blog.
The reason for going into a private setting is going to be short and sweet since I have messed with this for awhile now and entirely wasted time and energy on this stupid time consuming concern. But, for now, the Spanking Stalker is back and searching the blog over, reading and rereading what, I suppose, they perceive to be offensive and concerning entries. I think this person seriously thinks I'm beating and/or abusing my children!! Just goes to show how one's writings are entirely up to another's interpretation of them. Something that was meant so fun-lovingly, lightheartedly and jokingly as I walk out this incredible journey has been taken way too seriously and literally. Part of the joy of my journey is being able to look at life so humorously in some of these experiences of parenting. This blog contains so much of discovering myself in this ever deepening, ever widening Spiritual walk with the Lord while still containing contents of day to day life with the joys, mishaps, humor, love and chaos of having a large family. It is every side of me revealed.
This blog started as a way for me to privately express my emotions. I never dreamed there would ever be other readers of it. It is a release for me to write and I dearly love and treasure doing it. It is something very deep and personal to me and I still to this day have many, many years worth of my writings that have never been read by anyone. It has blessed me to know there are so many reading my humble blog these days. It is something that was derived out of a true love for it within my heart. To have someone enter and perceive it wrongly and take me way too literally as I attempt to express myself some days through raw, exaggerated, sarcastic, and sometimes rather crass, humor has saddened me and really kind of perturbed me. Anyone who knows me, and hopefully those whom I have never met but are loyal readers of this, know how deeply I love and cherish every one of my children. It goes without saying. I would give my very life for each and every one of them. They have changed me in every way. It is, to me, so utterly inexpressible and only those that have experienced this life changing event would even come close to comprehending the depth of what I feel for my sweet, sweet blessings. They are my life, the very breath of me. They are every beat of my heart. The Lord has used them so intricately in my life to change me and mold me into the person that I am. He continues to shape me and conform me more into His likeness and image by what I learn as I teach and raise my 7 children....and the many more children to follow if we continue being as blessed in the coming years with them as we have been in the past 9.
And concerning the whole "Spanking the Pumpkins" entry that I wrote at the end of Sept.....no, I don't find it within myself to beat my children like a dusty rug, for all who may still be wondering, nor do I find it therapeutic to beat the crap out of pumpkins during this holiday season.....or any other season for that matter. And concerning the entry where I spanked Aubrey with a wooden toy pizza cutter, which has since been removed in order to be sensitive to what may be offensive content to some.......I just found it oddly funny that one has the ability to start a parenting journey adhering to a stringent idea of what has to be only to realize after having 7 children that life is much more laid back then you originaly thought and you make due with what you have available, as most every parent of more than 1 or 2 will concur.
So, here I am with my blog now nearing the completely private mode and it will be open to only approved, invited readers. So, those of you who email me with your identity have permission to feel entirely loved and special knowing that you were one of the chosen to continue reading. If you have friends that you would like to access the blog also just email me and I'll approve them. The privacy mode is just to get it off of search engines and close it to just any anonymous reader that comes across it. I have absolutely no problems with anyone wanting friends to read........as long as they don't come thinking I abuse my 7 sweet children that we have been so incredibly blessed with or try finding reasons to turn me into CPS!!!! LOL! Everyone here knows how incredible my children are and how much I love, love, love them. It goes without saying. It is what every parent feels that has embraced this life changing walk with God and opened themselves up to becoming so utterly dependent on Him to provide for your every need in every way. I will be the 1st to testify that I sometimes gracefully.......and sometimes incredibly ungracefully...... stumble my way through this, relying completely on the Lord to sustain and guide me with His infinite wisdom and unending mercy and grace.
So, let me know and provide your email address if you'd like to continue reading or would like to pass out the blog address to anyone. Just give them a head's up that I will approve them but I need to know who they are and will need their email addresses.
For those of you that have already been invited to read.....
Since I have chosen to make it public for just a few more days I am unsure if you will need to be reinvited once it goes back into the private setting, having voided everything I had already established. If I need to do it all over again I will re enter your names as approved readers and you may receive a 2nd invitation due to the fact that making it public voided the 1st one. Maybe. I'm not quite sure how it works yet! I'll figure it out but it may require some patience on your part. You know I love all of you!





5 comments:
Hey you sweet thing. I highly commend you for taking a stand for what matters. The sickening fact about this world today is what those stalkers, looking for their own perceived wrong in others, are able to stir up because we no longer have many God given rights in our country. The minority who screams the loudest about "human" rights in the name of liberalism has literally taken it upon themselves to be everyone else's god.....NOT.....out of all my years in various types of ministry....you are truly one of God's "meek" children. I've seen mountains moved in your marriage because of your quiet spirit and patience. I've seen your character manifest in each of your children as early as 4 weeks old. Gavin is so peaceful as is Garrett, who could have been a jealous tyrant. He is so gentle with Gavin because of his security in you and Brad. I hope your stalker got the message on your post. We are sanctified, redeemed, justified and set apart for a high calling because of the blood of Jesus Christ.....which means in short....we don't bow down or fear any evil tactics... for "greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world." And this stalker is most definitely a very common thing of the world who evidently has nothing better to do with their time. I love you, Mother
I love what your mother wrote. I would love to be able to continue to read about you and your sweet family. We miss you guys! I am sorry that someone misunderstood the absolute love you have for your children for anything less than that.
Much Love!
Keri Campbell
Well, I was looking at your post for Thanksgiving and thinking of family. Helen took some great pictures of Brad's family. What is the age difference between Gavin and Silo? They look pretty close to the same, but I couldn't remember for sure. Love you.
Here is a close to perfectly stated commentary on what I feel about the spanking stalker's possible thoughts on your rights as a parent to know what is best for your children.
MESS WITH MOM
The Childs Comments and Thoughts
My son came home from school one day,
with a smirk upon his face.
He decided he was smart enough,
to put me in my place.
"Guess what I learned in Civics Two,
that's taught by Mr. Wright?
It's all about the laws today,
The 'Children's Bill of Rights.'
It says I need not clean my room,
don't have to cut my hair
No one can tell me what to think,
or speak, or what to wear.
I have freedom from religion,
and regardless what you say,
I don't have to bow my head,
and I sure don't have to pray.
I can wear earrings if I want,
and p ierce my tongue & nose.
I can read & watch just what I like,
get tattoos from head to toe.!
And if you ever spank me,
I'll charge you with a crime.
I'll back up all my charges,
with the marks on my behind.
Don't you ever touch me,
my body's only for my use,
not for your hugs and kisses,
that's just more child abuse.
Don't preach about your morals,
like your Mama did to you.
That's nothing more than mind control,
And it's illegal too!
Mom, I have these children's rights,
so you can't influence me,
or I'll call Children's Services Division,
better known as C.S.D."
Mom's Reply and Thoughts
Of course my first instinct was
to toss him out the door.
But the chance to teach him a lesson
made me think a little more.
I mulled it over carefully,
I couldn't let this go.
A smile crept upon my face,
he's messing with a pro.
Next day I took him shopping
at the local Goodwill Store..
I told him, "Pick out all you want,
there's shirts & pants galore.
I've called and checked with C.S.D.
who said they didn't care
if I bought you K-Mart shoes
instead of those Nike Airs.
I've canceled that appointment
to take your driver's test.
The C.S.D. is unconcerned
so I'll decide what's best."
I said "No time to stop and eat,
or pick up stuff to munch.
And tomorrow you can start to learn
to make your own sack lunch.< BR>
Just save the raging appetite,
and wait till dinner time.
We're having liver and onions,
a favorite dish of mine."
He asked "Can I please rent a movie,
to watch on my VCR?"
"Sorry, but I sold your TV,
for new tires on my car.
I also rented out your room,
you'll take the couch instead.
The C.S.D. requires
just a roof over your head.
Your clothing won't be trendy now,
I'll choose what we eat.
That allowance that you used to get,
will buy me something neat.
I'm selling off your jet ski,
dirt-bike & roller blades.
Check out the 'Parents Bill of Rights',
It's in effect today!
Hey hot shot, are you crying,
Why are you on your knees?
Are you asking God to help you out,
instead of C.S.D.. ?"
I love this One!!!
from a MOM
(Mean Old Mother.)
I have recived all of your sweet comments....all of which have blessed and encouraged me so much! Something like this has the ability to make you feel a little down about something that was potentially conveyed wrongly. I received so many loving and supportive comments...most that are not posted publicly in order to refrain from making others' email addresses public. I have added each and every one of you...those that have been posted publicly, those of you that have emailed and those whose comments remained private....to the approved readers so that you may now access it. It is such a blessing to be so encouraged by other parents and fellow believers who are also walking out this lifechanging journey of choosing to follow Jesus.
Post a Comment