Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Random Thing....and Pics!

Outside my window.....
Leaves that fall like rain. They are falling by the hundreds...like blankets from the sky. Days like these I am so glad we do live in the forest and our lot has not been cleared in years. The little dent we have put into it within the past few months did not seem to limit the thousands of leaves that gracefully dance their way down from treetops to earth floor.


I am thinking...
how absolutely beautiful the earth is during this time of year. It's absolutely surreal. Everything in life...all of time...stands still. Diffused light through yellow, crimson, fiery orange canopy, everything gentler and softer, hues of colors falling on children's skin. They run, they ride, they climb, they laugh. It overwhelms the soul. God is good. It doesn't matter what lies behind us, what we've overcome and conquered, or what lies ahead of us...we are here....right here, right now.


I am thankful....
for a life that I absolutely love. Peace, contentment, and so much joy. I wouldn't rather be anyone else....to live any other life. There is nothing like the reward and the rest...the peace, contentment, joy, and absolute freedom....that come after walking through a period in life that has tested absolutely every thing we ever thought, believed or trusted. God is faithful and His mercies endure forever. Walking the wild side...living the radical....it's worth it all to see what we see now and know what we know. Understanding and depths only the Lord can give. How humbled I am and how overwhelmed my heart that God has entrusted us with this life and the opportunity for our children to learn these principles and lessons at such early ages. Lessons they will take with them far past their years under our roof.



I am wearing....
jeans that are swiftly growing too big and a long sleeved county shirt. In stark contrast to the jeans....if the shirt's this tight on me I have no clue how they expected paramedic husband to wear it.


I am hearing....
Run....Matt Nathanson and Sugarland. Not exactly your church song.



I am pondering....
deep thoughts of the abyss.


I am wondering....
how it is possible for Ivye to know the words to every song we hear. By far the funniest so far....to watch her sing with all of her heart, while making direct eye contact, every last word to "I Shall Believe".



I am reading.....
blissfully....nothing. There are times when the brain just needs to rest. It ponders and thinks enough about life as it is. I find it quite unnecessary to add anything to the think list right now.



I am hoping.....
that the couple that is coming to look at our Texas home for a 2nd time and says they want to make an offer this Wed will actually follow through with it all. An offer for the asking price would be a pretty amazing thing at this point. Think all emotional attachment is finally gone and I'm very ready to move on and be done with it all.



I am going....
to not think about cleaning house tomorrow. Run, learn, play, explore, be free! If it wasn't 40 below we might attempt a park trip. However...there is no room for complaining. I love this weather. 59 degrees sounds like a good hiking day to me! Or really...just staying home one entire day and not doing anything. At all.


I am smelling.....
midnight pomegranate body butter. Apparently the jar wasn't joking when it said "scent that lasts all day long". But...my skin sure does feel good and my legs are super smoothe...and I smell really sweet!



I am noticing.....
That these sweet boys turned two yesterday!! Two years ago I delivered these two at 40 weeks and 2 days. They said it couldn't be done a 2nd time...they also said no one ever has twins naturally twice. Here they are!! My sweet, sweet unexpected gifts.




I am remembering.....
that no matter how great the idea is you should never...ever....ever....attempt to make baked potato soup and stray from the recipe. What is a family favorite on cold wintery nights turned into shift night disaster as I added an entire bag of bacon bits to flavor it up a bit. Who knew manfacturers actually salted bacon bits...and not in any small form. I'm pretty sure the ounces of salt equaled the ounces of bacon. I'm fairly certain our entire family will not be needing sodium until Valentine's Day. After kids heroically choking it down and trying to fight off the puke factor I finally gave in, quit forcing it and resorted to Plan B.....cookies and hot chocolate for dinner!!!

So yeah....lets' not ever do this again.



Life in pics......

The canopy above.

When you sit on the deck and look skyward


She made it up there on her own. Having 4 brothers on top and 3 on bottom pays off in tree climbing skills. I wasn't entirely a huge fan of the heights she reached....so she was summoned down quite quickly.

There's 4 kids in that tree. I still haven't found them all.

On the move!

Restocking at ungodly hours...and we really wanted some cookies. Store employees applauded him. 






He's hungry. And that would be laundry in action going on in the background. Nothing like a little procrastination from the laundry person of the week and doing it at 7pm.


Who can possibly go wrong with beer and burned sandwiches???




The map's pretty much done but it's turned into a pretty good car mat. He seems to love driving cross country.

Just talkin to his Ivye-girl


More Baby A. Just a little bit sticky.

Somedays it would prove beneficial to buckle him in immediately instead of waiting til you're ready to load. He doesn't seem too bothered by it though.



It's just not what it appears to be. Stick to the real stuff and don't go soy. Reeled in by the mint chocolate coconut factor...it's just not what you think it'd be. Cold rainy nights, fireplace, pumpkin candles.....and nasty egg nog. Who could possibly ask for more???




When I've raised kids a little bit like me. He required a line in order to pass out candy the mail lady brought. Mail lady love....she LOVES every one of them. If they have cavities I'm pretty sure she'll be the one the dentist needs to bill. 

The many uses of Twizzlers

Camping out by the fire.

Problem solved!!!

They look like they have on little Santa Claus belts. Makes me laugh.


Just chillin while he waits his turn

Sweet merciful crap, Baby A!!!! See if you can figure that one out.

Nothing like sharing your cat food snack with the younger, more immobile ones.




All played out. And the carpet....it will be no more come Feb!


Guess he figured out it's a little more comfy when you get your whole body up there.


The romance of fall....our blanketed deck.

Guess he was thirsty

2 comments:

JuRita said...

Can't believe I can love a family so much I haven't met! you better not disappoint me ;) just kidding.
love your random blog posts and late night grocery trips. keep it up mama.
oh, and i love loose jeans too!
goodnight friend.
j

Simply, Sarah said...

What beautiful pictures...of children AND leafy nature.

Thanks for the heads-up on using bacon bits in the soup. That's one of our favorite soups too, and I'll make sure to not make that mistake now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...