....until I can carve out a little bit of time to say some words again.
The fun of him being stationed near us. We get to see him in action! You'd have thought when he appeared from building that the greatest celebrity of all time had just made an appearance within the lives of our children. An entire van full of cheering, clapping, exuberant kids watching daddy work. It may not be a fun job all the time but the servant's heart that resides within every man in this line of work is to be admired. Praying that each of our children do not grow calloused and hardened by the world but grow in kindness and love with a servant's heart, as they watch their own daddy serve the hurting, the helpless and the lonely.
8 months old!!!
Guess she wanted to go.
There is nothing quite like picking up children's friends and making a mass drop off at church with an 80 lb dog unexpectedly along for the ride.
Somebody shared their Nutrigrain bar with a jumping baby. Messy....and a little bit sticky.
It's that time of year again!!
Pushing the display through the store as we shop. We know the employees well and they seemed to think it just as funny as we did. The joy of midnight shopping excursions for egg nog!
To make up for the nasty egg nog experience a few cold nights ago.
For the newly diagnosed, severely hypoglycemic girl. She's awfully proud of her new middle of the night snacks. What we have been told repeatedly is a virus or due to mold is not even remotely close to either of those things. Her regular, clock work like early morning hour puking episodes every night are, in fact, due to maintaining such a high metabolism that her body is burning up the sugar long before morning ever comes. Her blood sugar drops so extremely low at night...in the low 50's... that between the hours of 3:30-5 am hypoglycemic induced vomiting occurs. The treatment....4-8 ozs of juice every 2-3 hours throughout the night to keep her blood sugar up. The good news.....she should most definitely outgrow this and her little body take over the ability to maintain it within a few years. Until then....stocked up on juice we never usually buy. And some cookies for the fun of a late night party!
Teamwork at its finest. They tried the fork first and then decided the screwdriver fit the hole a little better.
He thinks he is quite hidden
And the reality of his self made hideout
Early morning bed buddies after daddy leaves for work. I go to wake them up and they just migrate to our bed instead. Oh well...I got a quiet shower out of the deal.
She's officially on the team!!! Surprisingly, to have not really played basketball much until neighbors were amazing enough to give us their unused one, she is really good at the game and thoroughly impressed coaches. Looking forward to some basketball!
There is really absolutely nothing that duck tape can't fix. Sooooooo tired of him pulling them so tight he completely pulls the straps off within days of purchase. He now has slip on shoes....thanks to the wonder of....duck tape! He is seriously proud of them....claiming they look like official robot shoes. Works for me!
I am convinced there will never be a cake that makes it all the way to the party night untouched. At least this one didn't suffer as much damage as the last one.
I just find this so entirely funny.
They finally made peace with each other's existence.
When she's been around kids most of her life.
The mundane of life that rarely gets posted. This would be what the beginning of our school day looks like as we gather to talk of day's schedule and do Bible as a family, before splitting up to do individual studies.
He lost interest.
After shower races before bedtime

























5 comments:
what fun full of life photos. and your walmart photos always crack me up:D I am always inspired with how laid back you are! you never go crazy, do you!? hehe.
These are sooooo funny!!! As always!! Even in the midst of the chaos and disappointment I'm going through right now, this still makes me laugh so hard!.....especially Evye's attitude on the school pic!! LOL!!! They're all funny! Love you.
Hi Nikki- I've missed a few posts so I did not know that baby #12 was on the way! I am blessed by how joyful you are. And the happy, loving children you are raising.
About hypoglycemia: I am diabetic & was having some serious hypoglycemic episodes at night. My health care provider told me to add a little protein to my snack time to stabilize my blood sugars. Maybe is Ivye had a 1/2 peanut butter & jam sandwich or cheese toast or something like that she would be able to sleep longer at night. idk. You know her best & I am sure you have tried many things. This is NOT a criticism at all. Just suggestions. Love & hugs & blessing to you & all of yours <3
that post from "just1girl" is Karen T which, it seems, is no longer an option. :)
Karen! I have missed you! I figured life got busy and swallowed you up. :) Any ideas are great at this point. It wasn't perceived as criticism at all. We are experimenting with her dinner diet now. Dr said it needed to be high in protein with some good carbs (sweet potatoes, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, as these last longer in the system) and then a protein snack before bed (cheese stick, boiled egg, 1/2 a pb&honey or pure fruit jelly, cottage cheese with cut up fruit, etc). So far it's working! It seems to balance everything and let her go for longer periods of time. That 2 hours every night was brutal! But we were so glad to finally have some answers. There's nothing like watching one of them suffer and no one being able to give you any answers. It took quite a few drs and some research of our own to finally diagnose her. Now she's waking about 4 am for a drink and we just give her juice instead of water. It works....and we're all sleeping better!
I'm glad you're still around. And yes...baby 12! Still getting through the morning sickness stuff so blogging has become a bit irregular. Hoping to be back to it a little more consistently when I feel a little better. I've missed you and all of the encouragement you always are.
Post a Comment