Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Some Daybook Randomness

Outside my window....
Round white moon transforming trees into silvery swaying ribbons unfurling from heaven


I am thinking....
that the dude in the Wal Mart parking lot that ended our conversation with "It was nice talking to you, pretty little thing" was either blind or completely oblivious to the fact that my stomach now proceeds any other part of my body by 3 feet and the fact that 36 wks pregnant and the word "little" are highly contradictory terms.


I am thankful....
that after many irrational tears and being a little OCD about it, the two Ergo's were finally found. And they were not in the 50 boxes I went through 5 different times. They were safely tucked away in a suitcase in an organized fashion where I had put them for safe travel for the journey home...so they could be easily located and accessed when a baby comes. Go figure. And te Ergo's were not really the issue at all but rather what they symbolized and how out of order and chaotic our life tends to feel right now as we walk out all of the unexpected a unknowns. Thankful for the Ergo's, for some semblance of order in life right now and, despite the fact our life remains in boxes, it is now in organized boxes that allow one to think and function and get to what is needed when it is needed.


I am wearing....
what I usually sleep in. It might be sexy...if I weren't 36 wks pregnant. But, then again....on that note, I have found myself thoroughly enjoying the ever changing gestating figure this time around. There are certain transfigurations that only come with pregnancy and never exist otherwise. So....one might as well enjoy the advantages for the short time they last.


I am hearing.....
Silence. The absolutely blissful peace of night.

I am remembering.....
that the seeming chaos, hormonal overload, constant change, and upside down-ness of our life right now may result in an entire week's worth of non stop tears and emotional overload but afterwards the sun always comes back out and I remember every good and amazing thing we have been given. It's an amazing thing to be where we are, experiencing everything we have.

I am going....
to not think about the roaches that will come out in the near future as the weather warms...and the fact they're so monstrous they are capable of pulling up a chair and joining us for dinner....and when I go in the kitchen in the middle of the night to refill my water cup they very well may wave and greet me while filling up their own 32 oz cups.

I am reading.....
How to successfully exterminate Julio and Gomaz, Billy and Ted, and Bonnie and Clyde, how to resist the urge to tear out the rent house carpet and mop the concrete underneath, and how not to chop down the dead tree in the front yard.

I am hoping....
That despite the fact there has been a total loss of appetite for the last 4 weeks due to all of life this baby will come out roly poly and robust, and weighing no less than 7 lbs.


On my mind....
Boy Scouts and how much I love them. Feeling so very grateful to have found a potential troop that is amazing for Grayson. And the fact that Eagle Scout brother will be there to support and encourage him all the way. They camp once a month, have shooting weekends, hike in the mountains here, backpack, fish, and give endless opportunities to earn merit badges. And the troop has been chosen to makes a trip to Philmont this year. I love the fact it reinforces everything we are seeking to instill in our children at home as far as character, ethics, responsibility and leadership skills are concerned. I'm overwhelmingly grateful we have finally found something here that he loves, for which he has a passion, and is an avenue for his many interests and passions in life. I'm thankful for an Eagle Scout brother that knows what it takes to attain the rank and for a husband that is more than willing and excited to support, camp and hike with him. So thankful for all the support around him as he takes on this new responsibility in life and begins the work to achieve Eagle over the next 4 years.


Noticing that....
I actually find contractions somewhat pleasant now....cause it means labor will be that much faster and easier when it actually does occur....in theory anyway.

Pondering.....
"I count him braver who conquers his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is the victory over self." Aristotle

Around the house....
Newly made laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, fabric softener, household cleaner, carpet cleaner, 7 clean cut little boys, 3 girls needing haircuts, 7 carseats lined up in the living room that need to be broken down and washed, a van that needs to be cleaned out and vacuumed, an organized basement with rows of neatly stacked boxes, an organized clothes system......and NO boxes in the house anymore. It's been a productive week....and I can finally think again.

Life in pictures....
Since the blogger app on the phone is refusing to cooperate at this late hour, and the big camera cannot be located for recent pics....this aspect of the post will have to wait.

2 comments:

Karen T said...

I love your resilience! YOU are such an inspiration, not only to those of us who read your blog, but also to your family. They see your tears as you struggle through the changes and see you come out the other side still loving Jesus, still thankful for all he has done & will do. They see a heart that seeks the Lord. I know they are inspired! :)

ccc said...

i love reading your thoughts. sometimes they seem so much like mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...