If you ask me....baby's looking a little ready to come out....and that's just a really gigantic picture.
So...36 weeks and a few days.....or.....25 days left. If history is anything on which to go based, it's more like 30 days left at this point. Either way it goes....not very long.
4:03 am. I should be sleeping...but sleep evades at the current moment. I love how nature prepares the body and mind for the many sleepless nights that lie ahead. It's usually around 12 weeks that baby is sleeping through the night, but last time around it was about 5 months...and there were two involved. Even after having done it this many times the prospect of sleep deprivation is always a little daunting.....especially when one has others waiting at 7:30 that do not take into account whether any amount of sleep has occurred. I think we are all very much ready to hold this new baby. Children ask daily how many more days we have until baby comes out. And I'm very very ready to run again, crossfit, and P90X. Since running right now is pretty much out of the question after having dealt with half a day's worth of consistent contractions this last time I attempted it, I have resorted to just walking while children bike. But, very ready to run again. We've found some amazing places to hike in the mountains once spring arrives so the goal is to at least be in decent enough shape for that. That said, I'm so entirely grateful for a husband that finds in me everything he wants whether I'm 36 weeks pregnant, 3 weeks postpartum or baby is 5 months old. The body of a woman is an amazing thing....and so is the ability of her husband to love it through each and every stage.
So....at 36 weeks the herbs have been started to help prepare for a faster and easier labor.....an entirely controversial topic in the childbirth world. But, I figure if it stands a chance of making it easier and faster...than sign me up! Because, contrary to popular belief, no matter how many babies you have....they don't ever just fall out. And the 12 hour labors are no fun. Seeing that 5 out of 8 births have consisted of 12 hour labors my motto is to do whatever you can to help your body out in order to get them here a little easier. And, in the meantime, husband and I busy ourselves with perfecting the art of doing what it takes to start labor. Doesn't get much better than that!
If I remember, I'll do a 38 wk pic and a 40 wk pic to end the pregnancy, as we watch baby finish off the growing spurt from within.
And this has got to be about the driest, most boring post ever....but given the fact it's 5 am I suppose a little grace is required. When shift husband begins work once more blogging will once again resume a routine....and a personality. And for all the emails I should be catching up on right now....I really truly will respond. Sinus infection turned into bronchitis and an ear infection so Brad was amazing enough to let me sleep the weekend away while body tries to overcome it all. Hopefully while children school, babies nap and husband jiu jitsu's today I'll have some time to sit, think and reply to all that is waiting.






5 comments:
Love you all Nikki! So exciting to see and hear all that these new adventures bring your way....even if those adventures aren't in TX. Holding you in prayer.
Blessings,
KK
What are the herbs you mention, I'm pregnant with my sixth baby and as yet have never heard of such a thing?
Hey friend.....love the "tone" in your post......a stress free tone!....Love you!
Marie
KK....missing you and everybody there but I know the Lord has good things for us here....despite how I still struggle some days. He is good and His loving kindness endures forever. Getting ready to put our house on the market there...so lots of emotions still taking place within. Looking forward to seeing all that we have not seen yet, all that the Lord still has yet to do in our lives....and a summer spent a mere 2 1/2 hrs away from the beach...and some mountains to hike! If I get to make the trip down there in April to wrap things up with the house maybe we can make the rounds to show off a baby! Missing you.
Alexandra...I received your last comment and am sorry for the delay in responding. Being sick wasn't entirely how I planned on spending the weekend....and I slept most of it away. :) I always love finding other large, likeminded families with which to connect. I loved looking through your blog a bit. So very green there. Definitely a change from our west Texas, desert roots! As for the herbs, I've found I only like one herbal concoction at the end of pregnancy. I've tried several that have come recomended by the midwives we have had over the years. My favorite by far is Mountain Meadow's Gentle Birth Formula. Our little twins' birth occured in a mere 2 hours and was very easy and relatively painless. I think much of it had to do with being comfortable at home with no one there that I felt uncomfortable with and much of it had to do with the prepatory herbs. It says to begin at 35 weeks but with this pregnancy I didn't order them until later so they arrived yesterday and I began them at 36 wks 3 days. I waited until 36 weeks to begin them last pregnancy also due to the fact I was carrying twins. I also start Evening Primrose Oil at the same time I start the Gentle Birth Formula. It is definitely worth researching. I have fallen in love with it and hope that labor this time around is just as short, easy and painless as the last 2 have been that I used it with. My labor was amazingly easy and fast with our 8th baby, though when we arrived at the birth center it slowed down and became very painful. I think mostly due to the fact I hate others being present when I labor and birth and, though I loved my midwives, if I'd had it my way it would've been just my husband and myself. Definitely in love with what the GBF formula has accomplished early on for me in order to make the actual labor easier when I do get to that point. You can find it here at:
http://www.mountainmeadowherbs.com/Gentle_Birth_p/g1030.htm
thinking of you! you are doing a great job.
i really do wish there was a way to just make my baby fall out ;)... I only have "6days" left. BUT i will probably be late. I am praying this time around it may be an early baby.
btw: so blessed too.. when reading your last blog. i was sad you didn't get to move back home, but God plans are going to be much better than mans. what life lessons of faith/trust he is teaching your entire family. happy valentines day!
Post a Comment