
Twins of the cloth
As we have analyzed our budget, adopted Dave Ramsey's plan in full mode once again and budgeted to the penny we have found that we have the ability to nickel and dime ourselves into a moneyless void. We have also found expenditures that are just completely unnecessary or that we could do without. With 2 babies, that I am quite convinced sport tubes that go from mouth to butt, we are spending 125.00 a month in diapers alone....despite buying these at Sam's in bulk price! Once seeing it in receipt form and on paper I willingly and happily volunteered to go back to our cloth diapering ways. I already make all of our homemade wet wipes just because we get such better results with them, but the ease of disposables has won out up until this point. Surprisingly, at least for me, it just picked right back up where we seemed to have left off and it's no more work than what I was already managing. It doesn't seem like much more to throw a load of diapers in at the end of each day. I forgot how absolutely much I love babies in huge, fat, fluffy, padded cloth diapers. Sweet baby boys.
Jailbirds. This is what happens when you start crawling and will NOT stay out of anything and gag on everything. In order to get some work done and some of this stuff knocked out this is where my sweet little duo had to go.

Oh, the joy of cleaning out!!! This seriously could get addictive. Among many of the items to go have been these massive things. The Lord has greatly blessed our endeavors, diligence and desire to get the debt paid off and so far everything has sold within the first 48 hours. It's beginning to get so much fun as we watch the money roll in and begin applying it to the debt we have. Husband has picked up every overtime shift he can and tripled his paychecks, along iwth continuing to run the water plant. He's gone quite a bit but it's nothing we haven't survived before. We both have a goal we are working towards as a family and there is such reward in seeing it in action as we succeed at it.
Sold!

Sold within 8 hours

Prospects looming


Interested emails. Waiting to hear back. And yep...the floor desperately needs to be vacuumed. The only place we own carpet happens to be in the playroom, of all places. And I couldn't fit the vacuum cleaner around it all to vacuum. By the time this picture happened I was so tired of moving, picking up and rearranging weights, hauling stuff down from the attic.....like huge dressers and 12 large, stuffed boxes of books.....the carpet didn't really seem all that important. Somehow it seems painfully important as I study the picture though!

One of my workers hard at it helping out the cause and downsizing. It just feels good to be weightless.

12 overflowing boxes of books - being bid on right now on Ebay!

The 9 boxes waiting to be sold. Most are on Ebay as of today!

9 gone...only 3 that got to stay.
Gone within 24 hours!

Gone within 24 hours!
Gone within 24 hours!

Gone within 24 hours!

With the money generated by all of this we have been successfuly able to pay off two of our debts. And we already had paid off 2 from the tax return. 4 down, 3 to go! We're over half way there. This give new motivation to paring down and dehoarding one's life.
Clothes and books were the most overwhelming obstacles in my mind to overcome, as they got a little out of control. But, after only 1 afternoon spent on books and having the "if the house burned down" mentality it proved to move swiftly. And admittedly, the more I toss the better it feels. I had 2 boxes beside me to sort books. One keep box and one sell box. I tossed into the sell box but stacked into the keep box. It was much easier to toss it in than it was to stack it in, so motivation to toss was great. After it was all said and done I organized the sell pile and started listing on Ebay.
Hopefully, clothes prove to go that well also.








3 comments:
I keep looking around my house now going, Hmmm, if there was a fire....
I keep purging stuff on a small basis. Such as just clothes one time. Toys another. But we really need a whole house go thru everything and get rid of everything purge. I used to be a packrat, and Stephen still is, but I'm to the point of wanting to be able to keep a somewhat clean house and it's NOT going to happen when you have more stuff than places to put it.
Thanks for the inspiration and hopefully I can get hubby on board to get rid of the JUNK.
LOL Becky! The only reason in the world I posted all of our junk on here and what progress we've made is in the hopes that it might motivate somebody else to re-evaluate their stash. There's really so much laying around that can either help somebody else or help you accomplish some financial goals....and to leave it laying around just cluttering up crap is just crazy talk. I say that, but then this stuff has laid around for us for how many years????!!!! LOL!
It really is fun being able to see the tangible results of it all. And the ebay thing and watching the bidding go up and up is just FUN! It started with stacking up the big stuff to go and snowballed into searching through everything, seeing what else I could get rid of and purge. Brad loves watching me do this. He says it's amazing to watch the money come in from stuff that's just been taking up space and he says he appreciates my desire to keep it under control. He's amused by the fire I possess when I get on a roll and put it into high gear when I'm on a mission. Hopefully, Stephen will be of the same metality for your sake! What I learned to do with Brad is clean his stuff out, save what I think he really might want and then stash even that somewhere far away. If he misses it....which he has yet to miss anything I've gone through....then let it reappear. But so far.....he hasn't missed anything and so I just keep getting rid of it all. He ends up being thankful about it. If I ask him about it when I'm going through it he labels everything as "keep". So, I started avoiding that scenario. Now I make the judgement calls. Sounds kinda mean and cruel but it's really not. He seriously doesn't even know what he has up there in the attic! I do leave his shop alone though. Tools and shop are off limits and I respect that. Everything else is fair game!
Go for it! It feels goood. Nesting instinct..here in a few weeks when it kicks in...will greatly aid your cause too!
Are you selling on ebay? Craigslist? I need tips girl! And I have that same exact health rider downstairs, how much did it go for?
Post a Comment