Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Post Partum Journey Down: week 16 after twins #2

Edited to crop the current pics, as my children were kind enough to enlighten me that you can't really see anything from 50 feet away. The cropped pics are motivation, in its finest form, to get up and move. I have a goal and I still have every intention of running a 5k.

So, I decided that just as I picture journaled the twin journey up so I will picture it down....probably every 3 weeks or so. It's a little late to begin this since they're 4 months old this week but seeing as how I still have quite a bit to lose and shape back up I suppose it's better than nothing. Both P90X and Weight Watchers have recommended I keep a picture log of the journey down....so, here we go!

And since I have struggled with weight in the past I just don't want to be there again....ever. Controversial story of that here. Read at your own risk. Plus the fact I just really love running and working out since it helps maintain perspective on all of life and aids in keeping my sanity on days I fear it's quite in jeopardy.





Today - the beginning: 14 wks post partum
I have run and toyed with P90X for the last 2 weeks but am starting in full force tomorrow. I have a goal and I fully intend to reach it. And yes...that is a chicken egg on the wall behind me to the left. They're supposed to toss the cracked ones out in the pasture. Some choice little people never make it out to the pasture to toss....as evident here.


For comparison....The beginning of the pregnancy - 9 wks and running 2 miles 3 times a week.

So...from this




To this...
40 weeks with twins




And back again...
Today, just for comparison, in the same jeans I started the pregnancy pics in. I've got some work to do. And no...I'm not pregnant again. That's just the lumpy stomach. Fun, huh? I seriously think it's the same size I was at 9 wks. Oh well. Nothing that some 3,000 sit ups a day won't cure.....maybe.

7 comments:

amartin030 said...

Wow, you look so great, really! :) i love your big ole belly... gosh, i miss pregnancy!!

Linea said...

Is there an address I can email you at? Our stories are similar (minus me having 10 children) and I would live to contact you.

Nikki Bettis said...

Thank you for the sweet compliment. Not feeling so great right now but I figure at least I'm doing something about it. Feeling a little lumpy and squishy and like looking at reality is not quite something I really wanted to do. :) But only I can do something about it and the journey has begun. It helps that I actually love to workout. And I can honestly say this is the 1st time I have never really not missed my big ole belly!! LOL! That was a VERY massive belly!!

Linea...you can contact me at
beo8violet@yahoo.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Mama to 12 said...

Hi, I am also a mom to ten! I am wondering what is p90x? How do we get rid of these baby squishy bellies? I need some butt work too.

Want to be my coach? LOL!

Nikki Bettis said...

Enjoyed seeing your blog, mama ant. I tried to link to P0X but the serve is doing strange things. You can google it and it'll take you there. I love it! It's basically an at home, hard core, bootcamp style routine, which encompasses muscle confusion so your body never gets used to it or stalls in the shaping up process. It works in every way! Only a week and half into it and seeing massive results. It takes large amounts of determination and commitment to push through but I love a good challenge! I couldn't keep up with it in the beginning but improvements are already happening.

Off topic..I was raised using ATI and attending Gothard's seminars. Still to this day love their character stuff. We now use the character related resources with our own children.

Miss D. said...

Ok, Nikki you've motivated me to do something instead of sitting on the couch! Im gonna work out at lose 10 pounds before our vacation at the end of the month. I have no excuse, I have 3 and you have more than me and are finding the time. i can too :)

Mama to 12 said...

Thanks Nikki! Very helpful.
Love the character stuff too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...