
Reposting the pics since we now know they were the last of the pregnancy!
Taken at 39.3 weeks.
October 28th. Due date day and still very much here and more than a little pregnant. A few exhausted tears were shed last night after children were put to bed. Quietly curled up...or as curled up as you can get when you're this massive in size....next to patient, sympathetic, attentive husband sleep finally pervaded. I woke this morning with a new outlook and a much better perspective about continuing on. I know this feeling and it happens about the half way point of every run. Exhausted, sucking wind, struggling to breathe and realizing you're merely half way done. It's not the "I'm half way finished!!" victorious feeling that comes...it's the "Oh crap....I'm ONLY 1/2 way done???" thoughts that tell me there's no way in life that I can ever keep going....but then I do. Sweet encouraging husband, who knows me so well, recognizes this within me and, much to his credit, knows when to encourage and when to remain quiet and just be there...running quietly beside me, his presence all I need to continue on. And when the run finally does end it just feels good, there is sweet victory and I realize I did it....and I can do anything. So it is with carrying these two sweet boys. The discomfort is fleeting and the rewards so much greater than the momentary unpleasantness....if carrying twins could even be considered "unpleasantness". The joy of the Lord is my strength and so it is that I carry on past 40 weeks with joy. How I marvel at their movements...limbs so strong and huge you can actually identify some body parts as they roll. How husband, children and I watch in awe as two sets of feet, knees and baby bottoms rise and fall as they push against the taut skin of my stomach. And I wonder for the millionth time what they look like, who they'll look like and how much they'll weigh. So, I wait with bittersweet joy and agonizing anticipation as these last few days spent carrying them roll by.

I read yesterday in an article along with having several midwives inform me on Monday that it is perfectly possible to be dilated and show signs of labor, such as I did now almost 2 weeks ago, and then regress. It actually shows your body's ability to function extraordinarily well, as it recognizes the fact that babies are not ready or could be in better shape so puts a stop to labor until they are. Labor actually backs down from it's semi active state and holds them in a little longer until their immune system is in top functioning status and they are the most capable of thriving in health with the least amount of risks and best ability to fight off anything to which they are exposed. And with cold and flu season upon us it comforted me to know that my body is just doing what it was meant to do and protecting babies while the Lord puts the finishing touches on everything about them from immune systems to weight to lung ability.

So, here we all are at 40 weeks....still pregnant!





1 comments:
Nikki,
If I could take away your discomfort I would just so you could enjoy this little bit of pregnancy. I will continue to pray for an easy labor and speedy recovery for you. I cant wait to see their sweet little faces. I Know you are far more egear than I. I would have loved to of held my boys big robust and healthy. I know I will see them when I get home. Till then I will live threw you. I will go rest my head and pray for you.
May their birthday be soon. I cant wait to see them.
with my b/g twins I went into early labor at almost 33 weeks dilated to 4 and 90% effaced then ended up going back to 0-0 God Is so good isnt he. How he made our bodies so strong, so powerful. We create life and carry it inside of us then we can nourish it with our own body. How amazing is that. We are pretty cool!! Rest and know you are soo cool. You rock momma. every baby you have made and carried are AWESOME and so are you. Rock on. You are ever powerful and mighty. Blessings
Post a Comment