Monday, December 14, 2009

Picture Imperfect

So we all decided we were in love with Grant in this picture. I think the look on his face compliments his black eye fairly well.

As of this moment there are a thousand other things I should be doing. But, for whatever reason, the urge hit and I no longer find anything clean enough......so I've scrubbed floors and the bases of toilets all day long....along with reorganizing every cabinet and changing the sheets on every bed in the house. So, in an effort to relieve the aching feet, sore knees and butt I am procrastinating as I sit and wait for the dinner hour to pass...as if maybe in some far away land the hour will altogether go away and my children won't notice. As of yet that has yet to happen in life and the children start asking for food 2 hours before it's ever supposed to arrive. I think we've pretty well already established that I'm not so great at the whole fixing a meal thing so, having prepared ahead like I usually do, I've decided premade frozen waffles are on the dinner menu. Meaning, I can sit here for another 30 minutes before I must actually do something else. Due to it being a city council night and Brad going straight from work to being Mr. upstanding citizen of the town we can actually get away with meals such as frozen waffles on a fairly regular basis. I have no room for complaints though seeing as how he is perfectly happy with the frozen waffle agenda as are each of the children each and every time I do this......which, dare I say, is often.




Yesterday was Santa day at the station so the children and I gravitated up there to meet Brad and hang out for awhile. We set off for the park after Santa made his departure. I figured as long as they were all presentable we'd go and see what pics we could do ourselves. I never did get around to getting everybody matching clothes this year so they just coordinated......kind of. Since Evye puked in the middle of the station floor last year when we did Santa I suppose it was only fitting for Garrett to run fever all day this year. We haven't had anybody sick since returning home from vacation with the swine flu so this came out of nowhere and has seemed to affect no one but him for now. So, he's looking rather thrilled while trying to do Christmas pics with a fever.




Having rock climbing competitions after the pics were done

Hangin' out



Pretty Aubrey-girl

If her back was straight it would've been pretty perfect


How can anyone not love them????

Her profile looks exactly like my profile!



....it must be so great to be a boy


Looking just like Evye's profile! Grayson playing with the camera. Some of the pictures that turn up on our camera are entirely interesting....this happened to be one of them. I didn't think it was too bad though...despite the fact there's no real smile.



An all girl shot

Rock climbing some more

......so the boys all fit
.....and the girls all fit



....but not everybody fit. Trying for 5 entire minutes to get everybody on. We managed to a couple of years ago but it just wasn't happening this year....as is comically obvious. Gavin freaked out and fell off so this is what we ended up with. He had been in front of Garrett but what you can't see is him now laying on the ground beneath the feet of the sheep. I think it's official that we've graduated up to wienie dog or hippo sized animals.



Animals we found on vacation in Sept that will actually accommodate everybody. We safely have room for about 10 more kids on this one.



I found this hippo to be perfectly sized. Actually, I'm thinking we can fit 1 or 2 more.


Evye's pretty done by this point, Gavin's lost interest and Garrett just wants his bed. But it was about the one and only shot where Ivye was actually looking!








Cooperation at its finest


The boys

Playing around while the van fills up...which takes at least 10 minutes.


The girls



More gas pics


And still more. The inevitable way to crack everybody up when we're all tired of waiting.


The joy of little boy feet

Finally enough hair to have 2!!!!





Still trying for the ever elusive shot where everybody's actually facing the same direction....it never did happen. But we managed to have some fun seeing what we could get.




My sweet boy



Here we go again with Grant

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...