Thursday, November 01, 2007

Thursday Thanks Tank




Well, I kind of skipped last week due to being more than a little bedridden. But, here I am back into the swing of everyday everything and thankful for the very essence of life itself.





1. November


As we drove into town the night before last I was quite taken with the barrenness of the trees. And again this morning I awoke to look out the kitchen window and discover the changing of seasons. Somewhere in time I missed it and the sweet summer days gently transitioned into crisp fall mornings. I was inspired and yet a little sad in a bittersweet way at the cold morning wind blowing through the open window. The few remaining leaves fell from the trees and seemed suspended in time and already fallen leaves blanketed what used to be deep green grass. The aroma of coffee wafted through the air and I was overcome with how short each season of life is. I had missed it. Somewhere in between changing diapers and fixing meals the seasons changed and we are wrapped in the crispy coolness, even cold, of autumn. It moved me to pray and I became bittersweetly aware of how swift, how very quickly my years with the children blow by. Just as the north wind has blown away the warmth of summer days I look up to see my children ever changing in the seasons of their own little lives. I deeply pray that I will not miss a minute. That I hug them and love them and wrap myself around them each and every day of these fleeting seasons that become so increasingly harder to hold onto. I do not wish for them to stay little forever but sometimes these days just seem so short. I love November. I love the awareness of change that it brings and how it impels me to hold my children a little closer and love them for the short time that I have with them. I am so grateful that we have different seasons in our lives as we experience life to the very fullest extent.







2. Hot Running Water

For real! As the days, especially mornings and nights, grow colder I very rarely ever take hot running water for granted! I am so thankful the baths in bucket days are gone and traipsing out to the outhouse when it's 30 below is no longer an issue for people. And I know all too well from my mission trips that for some people running water is a luxury they will never in a lifetime see in their poverty stricken countries.




Alright...my heart is overflowing with thanks of every kind. But due to Mother arriving and a hungry baby desperately wanting to nurse I need to end this. I've been slowly chipping away at this post since this afternoon and it is now 9 at night! I will get back to this, add and edit as soon as I have some extra time tomorrow. I love doing this too much to stop now.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...