Saturday, November 24, 2007

Dear Family

We're back and I'm already so far behind in the happenings around here. Brad is on shift tomorrow so I'll have lots of computer time to get caught up and hopefully write til my heart's content. We left Wednesday morning for east TX to be with family and didn't return home until late last night. What a Thanksgiving it was!!! One to be remembered for a very long time. And one in which there were many, many things to be thankful for.

I love my family. I love my life. I am so thankful for extended family that I remain close to even after all of these years. I am so thankful for cousins that continue to be great friends and aunts and uncles that care for and love us like their own children. I am thankful for family that has the same sense of humor and that I can laugh with and love year after year even when we do not see each other as often as we would like. I am so entirely thankful that they have embraced Brad and that he feels so much a part of my family and that they love him like he is their's too. I love that he loves Mother so much and I am so thankful that he loves my aunts and uncles as much as they love him. I love that my cousins love to spend time with the two of us as we have all grown into our marriages and parenthood together. I am grateful that Mother, Jackie and Curtis, Scott, aunts, uncles and cousins love and cherish our children and dote on them endlessly. I love how much we are loved and how full of love and how very thankful Brad and I are for them. I am so entirely thankful beyond measure that we finally spent another Thanksgiving with Jackie and Curtis and their crew and that our children knew what it is to be surrounded with cousins and family all day long. I loved seeing my cousin Kristi and her husband Paul and holding their baby Christian and just sitting nursing our baby's together while we got caught up on all of the latest. I love how much Scott loves the children and how entirely much they love him to pieces and look forward with utter anticipation, intense excitement and delight to seeing him. I love what I have been blessed with in my family......in Mother, Daddy, Jackie and Curtis and their kids, Scott, Granny, and on into my extended family who I dearly love and we continue to stay very close to. I am thankful that my children know Granny and even Nanny and Pawpaw, Brad's grandparents, as well as they do since I never was able to know any of my great grandparents. There is not a day that goes by that I am not grateful for the gifts in which I have been given in every way.

I love my children more than life itself and I marvel over what Brad and I have been blessed with in so many ways. I stare into sweet little Gavin's eyes and I hear him coo all through the day as he mesmerizes family members with his magnetic personality and his joy and I wonder at how perfect life is.

To bed. Many stories to come of this past week.

1 comments:

Lynn said...

I do so agree.......this holiday is an absolute work of the Lord for many years to come. The healing that comes from Him is eternal and we all witnessed an answer to many, many prayers. This is one of those many miracles that is very difficult to put into words, but precisely understandable in the spirit realm to someone who has been through the heartache of broken relationships. I love you and am so proud of you. In addition to being my very best friend, you've expanded my best friends by 8! I love our relationship and thank you for your friendship as well as the respect of a daughter. As I've told you many, many times... I love how you bring out the best in Brad and am so entirely grateful for his open unconditional love for you....not to mention what a wonderful daddy he is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...