Thursday, November 03, 2011

When You Have Nothing To Say....


It's missing a chair that was in the basement at time of picture...but you can imagine it in its place with enough room for all of us.


....so you pretend like you do.


Honesty....there's this thing called writer's block....and I've got it. How one can go from something like the events that surrounded our life in '09, to defying the odds and becoming pregnant again, to finding out we were having twins....again, to a birth like what their's was, to husband quitting the only profession he has ever known and selling out, wildly moving 10 kids and a pregnant wife, with absolutely no promise of an income 1500 miles east...well, how does one ever write anything interesting again?? Life's pretty, well...normal. We get up, we live, and we go to bed. This blog is not known in the large family realms...or any realm for that matter....for any life changing tips or instructions on how to do this whole ton of kids thing....cause honestly, I have no clue how to. It's not really known for anything at all or any tips on how to live....kids or no kids....which is actually fine with me because it keeps expectations low. It's just a personal journey and that's all it is.It's the story of forsaking it all to live radically. You only get to do it once so make the most of it. We...Brad and I....just kinda wing it....every singe day. To pretend I have any wisdom about this side of life is laughable. If I have figured out anything it's that the more one lives the more one doesn't have a clue about life at all. It's just one big journey and to pretend like you know something just makes you look arrogant and egotistical...because there's always the corner you didn't ever in your life anticipate turning and there's always the moment that you never expected in life...the words you never thought you'd hear spoken. But it happens and you learn, you become a better person and you figure out that what you thought you knew you didn't know at all. So, you get radical, you do the extreme and live the way no one else is willing to live...because you've figured out that you only live once, it's short and the joy is in the journey...so make it a journey you want to walk.


Makes me think of the song which sums it all up pretty well...the secret of life isn't any secret at all. You don't get your money back. So, just live it...cause you're not gettin another chance at it. Do what no one else will to live like no one else will ever live. And therein lies the joy. It's all pretty simple really...just takes the inner strength to do the extreme.


Blogs that tell you how to raise your kids, why they have a ton of kids, why you should have a ton of kids, how they came to attain perfect kids, how to attain perfect parental status, how to clean your house, how to decorate your house, how to organize your life, how to attain super spiritual status...they're a dime a dozen. And this blog is nothing more than life as we know it. The getting up, the living it and the going back to bed...and everything in between that happens when your kids outnumber you 10-1. And sometimes when they actually behave and don't dig in toilets, sharpie marker the walls, throw pecans up dryer vents, empty entire contents of kitchen onto floor and so forth, you don't have livestock that die when you look at them, you don't own ornery horses that are so stupidly smart they unlatch pasture gates...there's just not much to really write about.

I could go on about the carpet...could actually go on about that for days...but that's just gripy. And nobody in their right mind wants to hear somebody else gripe or the personal internal issues one has going with their landlord. And, really, after spending 4 hours vacuuming it it's not all that bad....at least when one has acquired the ability to live in denial about it in order to avoid being anal retentive and difficult to live with.


Best friend in all the world and I had a dinner date last night while husbands stayed home, fed and bedded down kids. Pretty fun and something we have only dreamed about for years. In the midst of our maternity clothing hunt, since we are due a mere 5 days apart, I managed to find 4 pair of maternity jeans for 7.00 each. Since I had worn out the knees and ripped holes in all my others I've been stuck in my size 7/8 non maternity jeans this entire pregnancy. And at almost 22 wks they were growing a little snug....to put it mildly. I can still get them zipped and buttoned though so they worked well for our night out. And I did manage to wear a non maternity shirt...not that it should've been done....but I did it anyway. Seeing as how it's 40 below here and I only have a wardrobe that is suitable for no less than 50 degrees I found the warmest thing I possessed...and it wasn't maternity but it did cover body. On the jean note....maternity jeans are alot more comfy than the 7/8 non maternity thing....and I now have 4 new pair. I did find that I fit into mediums so that comforted the heart and the whole mental game taking place within the head right now as body expands.


While at Kid to Kid another table highchair was found for a mere 9.99. Celebration ensued and tonight was our 1st family meal with the entire family all gathered around in their seats at the table. So far we've been letting one baby walk around while family eats or we put one in the 1 table highchair we were given while Baby 2 sits right in the middle of the table in the Bumbo. That specific baby becomes our centerpiece for the night and both baby and kids seem to love the novelty of it. Centerpiece baby suddenly transforms into comedian and the absolute center of attention. But, as of today, all 12 of us have assigned seating at the table. Topic of discussion tonight....with the addition of the extra seat we have completely maxed out the table. Looks like there may be standing room only for Baby 11.

So, on that note...life is pretty quiet and blissfully peaceful. We're where we want to be doing what we want to be doing. Our hearts are fulfilled as we know the peace and the absolute joy of of having stepped out and trusted the Lord with our future. And on a different day...when I'm feeling authortorically inspired.....I might write of our job situation here, the story of the pregnancy and birth of our 1st set of twins, which has been asked for and requested numerous times, and I'll seriously get around to the closet post and the how to's of conquering the closet. I will write the closet post at some point. I just fear that if I write it at the present moment it'll be boring, a bit drab and uninteresting, and difficult to follow due to rambling thoughts...since that seems to come a bit naturally.

3 comments:

JuRita said...

thanks for being real nikki. love it. love to hear about the job story. i just blogged about our current situation. take care!!!!

Karen T said...

Nikki, I love your posts. As an empty-nester I no longer have need of knowing how to do anything surrounding the raising of a family, however large or small. I just read your posts because I find them interesting. Now, before you jump right to the "well, you-must-have-pretty-boring-life", I must tell you that my life working at a maximum security prison is not dull. I love the realness of you and I really love the LOVE that is evident in your family. All the children look happy & well taken care of. You love your family & they love you. ok- done rambling now :)

Rockin` Mama said...

i love how honest and open you are. I enjoy reading your blog post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...