2:37 AM. Did I mention we have carpet???? And, oh yes....we have carpet. And what I ignorantly and naively failed to figure into the equation besides just mud, food, drink stains??? Puke. Seeing as how 11 year olds are capable of puking a gallon even when they have had nothing to eat the entire day due to fevered loss of appetite they still can wake up from a dead sleep and not make it to a toilet. That crap about me bleaching the carpet if/when it came to that....it wasn't a joke. And I just bleached the crap out of it.....mad while I did it. And i'm still mad. I hate carpet. It's 2:43 AM in the morning and I hate carpet. I loathe it. Like, I could take a shotgun to the neighbor/deputy sheriff/landlord right now. How the crap can carpet be cheaper than the cheapest linoleum??? It's not. I saw it at Lowe's AND Home Depot yesterday. Carpet is the same price. And our's just got puked on. And that little pipe dream about bleaching it and turning it a glistening white...it doesn't do that. Bleach turns carpet yellow. But at least now we all are quite assured that it's hygienic...at least in that one spot. So now we have gray and yellow carpet that's been puked on.
Then the thought came....fever has made it's way through 5 kids. If this is only the beginning of puke and that was the 11 yr old "controlled" version of trying to reach the toilet than I can only imagine the fury that is to come if the 7 and under crowd get this part of it. I think I'll just invest in a power washer and hose the whole place down with straight bleach and then just blowtorch the rest to toast any remaining germs into non existence. Who does this insanity??? Who actually lives with carpet? I honestly don't even comprehend why they make the crap. Even if you don't have kids it's entirely animal unfriendly. Cause they puke and pee and crap all over it too. Really, it's just unfriendly in every regard cause in order to exist on it you have to WALK on it....and shoes are dirty. And that little squirt bottle of Resolve ain't cuttin it.
We're supposed to go visit a huge church with some 400 kids this Sunday. It's full of homeschoolers, though the largest family there has 7. Once word made it's way around our little community our family somehow turned into a mini celebrity and we have been invited over and again by fellow church goers in awe. But seriously.....400 kids??? All I see are 400 little walking talking mucous blobs running around sneezing, hacking and licking our kids. And then they all come home and puke...on carpet. I'm seriously doubting the whole church thing right now. And puke thing. And fever thing. And carpet thing.
I think I have cooled down enough to sleep and my little tantrum is over. It helps that I am in bed not actively looking at the puked on, bleached, yellowed area of disaster. I am, in fact, in bed next to a husband that slept through the entirety of it....which actually made me even madder at the time mental stability was in question. So, here I am....a little sleep deprived and a little bit mad....in our house with the nasty gray carpet. And I am thankful for our home and refuse to lose sight of the fact we have a roof over our heads, a heater going as temps dip into the low 30's, running water to make the bleach solution...although I kinda didn't dilute it....and water for her to shower all the puke out of her hair. We do have room for them to roam and we do still have land for 2 happy dogs and large fenced in areas for children to play. If carpet is the worst of my problems than I'm doing pretty well...or mostly well...cause it is still carpet.
When husband did finally roll over and ask groggily in a manner I am 100% certain he will not even remember in the morning, "Babe? What's wrong?" I assured him a little angrily that if another kid pukes in this house before we move out that I am cutting out the area of every stained spot and I don't even begin to remotely give a crap what Jerry the Landlord thinks. He gruffly tousles hair in a manner that assures me he is not even close to being awake and says with concern, "oh no. No, you won't. It'll be ok." But I'm serious and he'll figure that out come morning if we have a checkerboard floor. If anybody else pukes...I'm just cutting it out....and then I'm pouring bleach on the flat painted white walls and cabinet doors. I already sprayed those down but I just don't really see a problem with dousing them liberally with a gallon of it. It'll save a ton of time and conserve energy so I can actually sleep.
Looks like we're going to do some rug shopping tomorrow.
Saturday, November 05, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






11 comments:
Darn, Nikki! I would be upset too. Maybe you can take out the carpet if you are going to be there awhile. I am sure that is what the landlord plans to do anyways when you move out--especially with the bleach marks lol. We were once landlords and we really cared about our tenants and did not want to lose good paying ones. Maybe you can work something out with him/her--they may be open to it.
WHY are you pouring bleach on the carpet? Lysol would do the same thing without ruining the carpet. I had just a mere 3 children & they did not puke on carpet. They were supplied with buckets & towels & told that IF they dared to puke on the carpet that they would clean it up themselves.
I do agree that hard surface flooring is a better solution for a large family with pets. I can understand your frustration when you specifically requested NO CARPET. I wonder if this landlord has ever had children.
I can not even begin to imagine the exhaustion of taking care of multiple sick children. Poor you!
I'm sorry your children are under the weather and I hope they get well soon.
The carpet/bleach is really disturbing to me. You don't like carpet, that's understandable but how could you not know what bleach would do?
You went into the house angry that the owner put down carpet rather than linoleum that you wanted because you knew your kids would destroy it...how about you teach the kids to take their shoes off at the door, keep food and drinks contained in the kitchen? It's a really simple concept to teach them.
All floor surfaces get dirty with shoes, do they not?
Not all peoples animals pee/crap in the house. At least ours don't. I'd be pissed if my tenant took bleach to the carpet and you can best believe that carpet would stay in the house as long as you are a tenant.
Something makes me think you might be looking for a way to get the owner to rip out the new, now ruined carpet and put in exactly what you want.
lol wow. Duh Nikki... your kids shouldnt dare puke on the carpet and their little bad tails should mind well enough to keep everything in its place all the time. No spills allowed! No muddy feet either. Do any of you know what happens when you raise kids? You teach them and they mess up and they try again. Its messy and can be gross... I hate puke and carpet too.
Jas
I tried and tried, puking on my carpet.....letting the dogs pee on it.....used it for a litter box...and I am dumbfounded why my husband won't let me put in the floors I want...well I better give up...cause my house stinks...so Nikki you and I better give up....hehe...no worries my friend...
when you are sick you are sick...you cannot predict what your body releases...
COWARD PEOPLE DO NOT HIDE BEHIND THE "ANONYMOUS"...BE NICE!!!!
Nikki just stopping by been thinking about you and your wonderful family we are planning a trip soon to look around a bit check schools and homes would love to get together with that wonderful family of yours!!!
Rockin Mama....love to meet up with you! Let me know when you have definite dates in mind and we'll work something out. Sounds like fun!
will do!! :)
Nikki- I do not know if you would be interested in this or not but when I saw the contest I thought of you.
http://www.mygoodbirth.com/waterbirth-photo-competition
Your blog is a joy to read. While I *only* have two children (and 4 that I nanny) I can laugh and cry with so many of your heart felt posts. :-)
We lived in Raleigh for 8 years and LOVED it so much that we are looking at moving back after 2 years in NJ. We homeschool, breastfeed and are natural cure folks too. Perhaps one day our paths will meet (my 11 yr old son saw how many boys you have and is praying that our paths cross soon!!)
Blessings,
Linea
lol....I've btdt!!! And I totally HATE carpet too!! It is vile, it is nasty, and worst of all it is a furry petri dish!! I can't say that I blame you for pouring bleach on it - I would have been pretty tempted to do the same!
Michele
Post a Comment