Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Beating Heart








One tiny baby jumps with a perfect beating heart! Baby measures perfectly on target with a March 10th due date. It was a bit funny to me to see how disappointed the children were with "just" one baby. They each kept asking the tech where the other baby is and then Garrett finally asked her to look and find the other baby. Our children are seriously under the assumption now that babies just come in pairs. It was enough to make me laugh. I'm feeling very blessed by our one baby and feel that this is yet more confirmation that we are to follow our hearts and go a new direction in our life. More to the story concerning those things that will follow in a later post.






I feel as though I can finally breathe again. The weight of the world has been lifted. Baby jumped and moved and wiggled fingers. I went in alone, was asked some questions and was told the tech would take a look. Once all was confirmed good they would call in waiting husband and children. I couldn't bear the thought of laying there alone facing the unknown so I stated kindly that my husband, the one who stabilizes all of life and the earthly rock that God has placed here to keep me grounded, would be called in now and children could come later....cause I wasn't doing this without him. The tech looked a bit shocked at first but was gracious and said she'd go fetch him before we started. Sonogram probe was finally set on stomach. Breathing seemed to be optional at that point and I couldn't even begin to look at the screen. The tech voiced, "There's baby!" I lay there with head turned to the side..finally asking sweet patient husband in a whisper, "Does it have a heartbeat?" He stood, already smiling and answered, "Yes it does, and I told you there was nothing to worry about." At that point the tech spoke up and said, "Your baby does have a good strong heartbeat!! See the flickering?" And so I looked and there, with a beating heart, moved our Baby 11, perfect in every way. Tears of relief and joy streamed as the 178 rate was confirmed. Waiting children were called in. All gathered around to see the wall monitor....and then the questions began.




developing baby at 10 wks 1 day




As much as I would've embraced twins again in absolutely every way and was overjoyed by the sheer hope there might be, a single baby pregnancy is very much a blessing right now. And with having no twins in our family history at all I feel that the two sets we do have are miracles in every way. I have learned over the path we have traveled that there is never a pregnancy to be taken for granted....whether it grows one baby....or two! So, we prepare for what the rest of life holds and know that a baby grows and flourishes safely tucked within.








And just for the record....I'm thinking girl due to the extreme severity of the morning sickness and the fact there is just one in there. But, we won't know for sure until March! Anticipating our very 1st surprise baby!






10 week baby






6 comments:

ccc said...

This is the best news I have heard all day! Praise God!! Every baby is truly a miracle. I am so happy that baby # 11 is on its way and healthy.
Boy, you really have me wondering what you are talking about when you keep referring to something happening in the future...

JuRita said...

yay!!!! praise the Lord. Blessed to read that all went well. I am excited to see my little one, but might have to wait till I am 18-20ish weeks along. i have to get our insurance in order.
blessing to you and rest for your soul :)

Karen T said...

Oh Nikki... I am so blessed that 10 week old baby is indeed growing daily. I am old enough that ultrasounds were very rare things for expectant mothers & no one ever knew ahead of time whether they were going to be blessed with a girl or boy. I am thankful for the technology that allows you to be reassured. I look forward to the birth & how things play out for you & your quiver-full. Love & blessings to you & all of yours. :)

Jenny said...

Woo hoo!!!! Congrats and sleep well tonight ;D

Marie said...

Oh, I am so happy to hear all is well with you and # 11. You have such a beautiful family. I, too am excited about your coming stories about your future plans. Take care.
Marie

Kerri said...

Praise God! I had been thinking about you and wondering how it went, thanks for the update. Hope you continue to feel better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...