Thursday, July 28, 2011

Picture Journey of Baby 11 - 8 weeks

2 days shy of 8 weeks. Close enough. We'll be busy this entire weekend so today had to suffice.





And for the fun of it..I didn't take a full length picture with the last pregnancy at 8 weeks. So this comparing to last pregnancy at 9 weeks.


So, my forever faithful jeans were delightedly found after being in the toss pile that hadn't yet made it to the dump. One of the very few things I have been overly elated to see, thinking they had been long since trashed. If you could see the massive holes in the back of these things you would know why they're in the trash box. But...since the art of picture comparison is so fun I saved them from their imminent demise and am now wearing them once more....holes and all. There are actually holes so large in the thighs of these things that I risks exposure but since I am standing sideways no one is the wiser. Thus the reason they were in the trash heap though.


So, as with the last pregnancy, I do this to comfort myself that baby really is growing. If I can see growth I know all is well. And, in the meantime, it makes for entertaining blog posts...since I tend to be a bit boring otherwise at the current moment. And..I must note....that until some readers recently went back through the blog archives and I was alerted to this fact I had absolutely no clue...or chose to forget...that I have pics of me in my underwear on here. So for those poor few of you who were exposed to such viewing, I do deeply apologize. It would be safe to say that was back in the days when no one in the world ever read this blog and it was just for the sheer novelty of entertaining myself. Over the years I have refined myself a little and made this a more family friendly blog instead of the wannabe porn it apparently used to be....that is, if an underwear picture in a spotted, fingerprinted mirror and a messy bathroom can be considered as pseudo porn. So, onward and upward to topics that have absolutely nothing to do with me in my underwear.



8 weeks. A huge milestone in any pregnancy, just for the sheer fact we have made it to this point. It always seems that 8, 12, 16, 20, 30, 36 and 38 are the biggest ones, for whatever reason...at least in my book. So, we made it to 8...now continuing on to 12. For lack of anything better to post here's comparison pics with the last pregnancy. Since that was the only pregnancy I ever chronicled from beginning to end I have no others for comparison...except for aforementioned underwear pic, which I will refrain from posting for the wellbeing of all of you.



8 weeks with the little twins and 8 weeks with this pregnancy. Disturbingly enough, I think I actually look bigger in this picture. But then, everything looks bigger...butt and all. So, it would only stand to reason that stomach is bigger too.


8 weeks last pregnancy




8 weeks this pregnancy




Or maybe it isn't bigger. I can't really tell, honestly. Lighting kinda makes the left one look bigger. If I were to take these two and stack the pics on top of themselves I can't really tell which one would come out bigger. All in all, they're pretty close to the same. I still maintain just one baby this time around. It doesn't really entirely matter at this point since the whole point is to be rest assured baby grows....which it does! My uterus seems to know well what to do and just falls out at the beginning of each pregnancy....twins or not. By 16 weeks it's pretty evened out and I don't look quite so alarmingly large for my weeks. At any rate, it's comfort for the heart to know sweet baby grows well.

5 comments:

Karen T said...

I love your posts!

Ahhh... I remember the underwear post. lol - no where near porn & my eyeballs certainly survived the experience.

So glad that baby #11 is growing, comfortably tucked away, safe & secure & being knit together by the Lord himself.

Blessings to you & yours.

tlmhuntress said...

I like the cat looking at the back of your legs!! Haaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Mama to 12 said...

Hey to you back! Yep...I have been busy, busy! I think you look great for having oh-so-many children! LOL!

That is neat how the numbers mix for your numbers 3-9! 11 must be a girl for you because you don't have enought of those to go around....like me and ours is a girl! We are so excited.

Hugs and thanks for checking up on me.

Liz said...

Nikki- I have MISSED your blog. My laptop died and I couldn't find your blog no matter how I searched. I got the url back from my friend who backed up my files so I could send it off for repair. I told my husband last week that I had a feeling that you are expecting again, and was delighted to have it confirmed.So glad to be back, and I hope you are feeling TONS better!

Nikki Bettis said...

I can finally reply to all of you. Kinda frustrating not being able to access anything.

Mother....I still haven't found the cat in the pic!! We did have one with Notar stading front and center and she kinda blocked everything so we nixed that one..then another with Chippo in it. Least it wasn't Poppy. Think I may cry just looking at it. Stupid cat.

Karen...I've missed hearing from you! Weren't sure if you were still keeping up. I can't believe you remember/saw the underwear post. LOL! Didn't know you'd been reading that long. But you are proof that it was survived with minimal damage to purity of the head. I didn't delete it cause I figure if you have issues with it...just don't go looking for it! LOL! I figure you've really gotta want to pick a bone to go digging that up. haha!


Liz...I'm really glad you found it again. I can't believe it was that hard to find. I guess that's a good thing. At least it's not that out there for everybody on the world of cyberspace. I just thought you could google the title of medicinemansgirl and you'd pretty much have my life story. I googled medicinemansgirl one time and was a bit horrified by all of the information it pulled up about me. Even stuff I'd posted on twin boards when I was pregnant with our 1st set! Kinda scary!! I'm glad you're back! And yes!! Little 11 is on the way. So far, so good! Still haven't heard a heartbeat yet but haven't tried to get one either. Supposed to have an ultrasound Aug 16th. Fervently praying for a growing thriving wiggly baby in there with a tiny beating heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...