Monday, March 01, 2010

Alright, moving on

Okay. I don't know what to say except that I'm not going to apologize for my position. I laid my heart and past transparently out there and it has been entirely taken out of context and misconstrued. This is my blog, my thoughts, and my posts. If you chose to become offended then you obviously missed the point entirely and I can't help that. If you don't like what I publish, then don't read it. To drive my point home, I challenge all of you to walk from the bathroom to the bed completely nude in front of your husband and have marital relations with him with the lights ON tonight. It's a hard thing to do when you don't love yourself. If you can't do that then it's time to work toward making yourself into that person so you will have uninhibited freedom in your relationship with him. I know.....I'm intimately acquainted with both sides of that equation and the side I'm on now is exponentially better for both of us than the other side.

And for those of you that are just beginning, or perhaps are already on, your journey of health and fitness, I admire and respect your courage to take that first step. I know deeply how overwhelming and insurmountable it seems. "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".

6 comments:

Chris said...

you are amazing.

KK said...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and views. I am 5'6" and currently weigh in 80 pounds heavier than the day I walked down the aisle. like you Nikki weight has been a struggle for me 99% of my life. I read you post, heard the fat hating comments, and through it all saw a person working to be the best she could be because she loves her God, herself, her husband, and her family. I struggle constantly with getting enough movement for my body since because of my weight there's a limited scope of things I CAN do. But I am doing what I can now in making healthier choices and ounce by ounce my weight is falling ever so slowly. When we bare our hearts and experiences to the world there's always going to be someone who is offended. I hurt for those people who have to take things so personally when nothing was said about anyone else but the writer by the writer. Keep fighting the good fight and know that there are MANY of us right there with you!
Blessings,
KK

Thea said...

You go girl!! Wish you were here so we could talk all day!

Thea

Kristine said...

Love you Nikki! I would have never guessed your story, but it makes me love you all the more!

I'm sad that some commenters didn't understand your post. It is not easy to understand the difference between self-hatred and wanting to improve. I'm about 10-15 lbs from where I want to be, and I have to work to love my body as it is. Yet I know others would love to have my body. Really, it's a matter of loving myself enough to truly take care of myself. That's what I'm striving for.

Anonymous said...

Nikki...I just read your blog...it made me cry...it was painful to me for various reasons but SOOOO incredibly glorious and triumphant!! I have ALWAYS seen the gleam of a priceless treasure in your eyes..even more so than the other wonderful women in your family who I also love, respect, and admire....May you continue to TRIUMPH!! I Love You! Dawn ♥

tlmhuntress said...

Nik, you are absolutely moving through what could be an awful life with leaps and bounds of miraculous heart revelations. I love the comment post by KK, and just want to say to her....You go girl.....that's the way your weight should come off. Slow is better because it is a lasting reward. As a Weight Watcher leader dealing with weight loss every day, you have the right attitude and focus to run the ENTIRE race with a glorious successful finish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...