Wednesday, September 21, 2011

GoodFellow Birthday

With great thanks to Brian and Sgt. Puew this day was made possible for our military loving boys. All they wanted for their birthday was to tour the base. Due to the kindness of many men and a series of contacts of guys we know affiliated with base the boys' day was made possible. They attempted to make it an entire family event but due to the fact it took 3 base cars to give our family a personal tour they did not have enough guys available in the middle of a work week to make it possible. As a result, Brad, Grayson, and the birthday boys were able to go spend the entire morning being given a personal tour of Goodfellow. I found it quite ironic that, since Goodfellow is one of the biggest military fire training academies in the US, our boys went and explored......fire trucks. When I asked if it was all stuff they had seen and done before Garrison eagerly replied...."Oh, no ma'am!! These trucks were bigger...MUCH bigger. When I grow up I'm going to be in the Air Force. I get to drive a BIG fire truck AND I get to wear an army uniform!! And the airplanes and helicopters??? They have guns. And a Chinook has stairs. I'm going to be in the military."

We'll see.

Happy 7th Birthday to our first set of sweet boys. The years go by so entirely fast. September 20th 7 years ago I had just given birth to twins naturally against all odds and our dr threatening to take us to court for not consenting to a mandatory c-section . Seven years later it's still no less of a miracle to me. How grateful I am for kind people and for Dr Cummings who heard my story at 39 wks and took over my care. He knew my babies were safe and there was no reason I should not be able to be given a chance to deliver them without a c-section. And I did.

How much we love these sweet miracle boys. With no twins in the family history at all they were the shock of a lifetime. And they still continue to delight and bring joy to our hearts each and every day. How fast the years go by.






















































2 comments:

Marie said...

Happy Birthday to your boys !!!
Marie

Karen T said...

Enjoyed all the pics

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...