Sunday, June 27, 2010

Just a Picture Post

Ever our fearless one. If it's not syrup bottles cutting off her toe than it's black eyes. This is the result of taking a completely fearless leap from our bed to the unforgiving wood floor below while I was cleaning the nearby bathroom. As in....she completely intentionally leaped from bed to floor. She scales anything and regularly jumps from whatever highest point can be reached. Our tiny little stunt girl.





Oh sweet tiny girl




The playroom project...coming right along. The plan is to paint the nasty sponged brown walls each a different color. We have 4 walls that are painted while the rest is original rock built in 1920 or so. Pretty cool. Each non-rock wall will be a different bright color unless we can work out an arrangement with art students. If I could do murals I would...but that's kinda out since nowhere in my body exists the creativity and ability to paint like the rest of the family. I think it's a patience thing with me. If it takes more than an hour it's not my thing. If the college student plan some of the local ASU students to come out and do different murals on each wall rather than the different colors. THAT would be cool. If we can pull that off one will be a navy scene with a battleship and aircraft carrier since we have military loving little boys, one would be an on-ground military scene with tanks and jets, the 3rd wall will be a fire incident scene a bit like what exists in Firehouse Sub stores..or as close as we can get...since we have tons of die hard fire truck and ambulance fanatics around here, and the other a horse and barn scene for the girls. College students get credit for it all, we get an imagination dream for kids and it's free. Doesn't get better than that. So, more phone calls to make tomorrow. If the ASU plan doesn't work I'll then to go to our local highschool to see if they can work with us. Anything's going to be better than something that I try and I put on that wall...unless it's just plain bold and bright colors...which is the last but still entirely fun resort!
Folded up treadmill and TV for dvd workouts in the air conditioned space! Notice the fan in front of the a/c aimed at the treadmill. Kind of funny. It doesn't take much to get hot these days. This entire area will also eventually be covered in padded mats.



Still working on it. Two of the bookshelves will go and the one remaining will be a pantry. The frig will also be moved and the 2 dressers in the far left corner have already been moved. The larger, much heavier dresser Brad and I actually got up the attic stairway since Grayson was helping with a move in town..the other smaller dresser fell apart all over the driveway on its way to the trash pile as Brad tried to transport it. It was definitely worth a good laugh. And on the dresser note...I don't think I have ever in my life put anything that heavy and that massive up any attic ladder.
And by the end of it the entire floor will be covered in the padded square mats. This will also serve as jiu jitsuing husband's roll and wrestle area. He's teaching all of our boys, and about to add a local 21 year old that loves coming to our home, to his student roll call. 21 year old wants to learn and he gives muscular husband someone a little more size worthy to roll with...since I can't exactly be an active participant at this stage of the game.


How many kids can you fit in about 4 square feet????? If you could see the water it would disgust even the dirtiest of people. After they vacated it for real showers and baths the bottom of the tub was left with mud so deep I am quite certain I could've planted a garden in it and it would've flourished. And Grant, plastic spoon boy, was in midstrike as he was hitting Garrett over the head trying to get him to move over. Garrett, on the other hand, thought it was hysterically funny.






Watching the rain...it's a novelty here.


Shift nights. My early morning bed buddies.



The joy of dining with boys...our truck and trailer boy. His obsession continues. Since, as a general rule, nothing is allowed at the table but food during mealtimes, this would be after everyone was done and he gathered the leftovers for hauling purposes.


3 of the 10 most absolutely amazing gifts. I continually stand in awe over how blessed we are.

Wild girl with both big brown eyes...before the incident. As of today and this post, she is still our one brown eyed/one black eyed girl.


3 comments:

Felicia said...

Looks like a pretty cool playroom, I hope you can get someone to paint it for you.

I know that you said that you moved some dressers out, but if you still have that TV sitting on top of the dresser please make sure you have the dresser attached to the wall. I had a friend years ago who had a child pull the dressers drawers out and try to climb to the TV, the TV fell on her and killed her. It has made me terrified of TV's sitting on dressers ever since.

Looks like Ivye is keeping up with the boys. That is quite a shiner.

Nikki Bettis said...

Felicia...we had a friend that happened to also. While she was trying to move the TV without help it fell on her 4 month old laying in the floor. They didn't tink the baby would make it for a very long while and once the baby did actually pull through she had severe permanent brain damage. It's made me think about every dresser and everything we have ever set on a dresser since! Brad's run calls where kids used the drawers as steps and just tipped the whole thing over on them and trapped them underneath. The TV being up there made me so nervous that we set it back on the floor until we could get one of those ceiling mounted TV holders. It beats strapping it to the wall on top of the dresser with those straps One Step Ahead have for that kind of thing. And we can get the dresser out of the room!! More floor space! LOL!

Liz said...

Nikki, I love reading your blog. I have six babies myself, ages 18,17,14,13,11,and 8, and going to be a grandma in 2 months. I LOVE seeing the pics of the kids, reminds me of when mine were small.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...