Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New Camera.....New Pictures!




So, we opted not to go with the state of the art camera I had picked out. We have saved and saved for it and budgeted it in but when it came right down to it I decided that the one we ended buying was more than enough for me and traveled in a much friendlier manner than those with the huge lenses and bulky box like builds. So, we opted for the next version down...which I must say I'm still figuring out what all it does and has so far impressed me by it's ability to take great pics. I need a class on what I can do with it though. I have decided that once we reach FW again it will be much easier to really take a photography class and get educated....literally! So.....for now I am self taught and can hardly wait to see what all it does and move along as I learn. And I eagerly await the day I can take a class and better my abilities of photographing the children. This has been a desire that has been years in the making. Pics without the stamped dates were taken by the new camera. The ones with the dates were taken during the trip to FW and pre new camera here.



Eyes that almost match the wall







Playing around with it seeing what it will do












My clean cut baby. So.....I got tired of all of his little wispies and couldn't quite figure out how to trim it up with just the scissors. So, with clippers in hand I set to work. It was a sad moment when I ended up with a pile of baby soft red baby hair in my hands. More than I ever expected came off even trimming it up with a 5/8 blade. It really highlighted his Grant-like hairline though. He looks like such a little big boy now. Bittersweet moments in time. I have to admit though that he looks a ton better and like he's kept up and trimmed up instead of having all of his little baby hair flying all over the place and looking kind of girlie.




So..it's really hard to do an over the ear trim with a baby that finds it hysterically funny to have his hair cut.......and will not hold his head even the slightest bit still. I think he laughed the entire time the clippers were going.



Still the best bed buddies in the world.








On the move....before his hair cut. This is just like looking at baby pictures of Grant. Brad and I still find it amazing the resemblance between them all yet how each of them hold their own individual look.



Deep in the thoughts of play.
Pulling up on everything



Forever on the move...from bed to bed and room to room. Notice Garrison balanced perfectly on the bedrail...right before falling off on the floor side.
Daddy's audience as he moves the sprinkler around the yard

This is one of their most favorite things to do. Gavin laughs contagiously as Garrett pushes him around the house rather recklessly. Since the stroller has seen it's better days it folds up on them quite often and deposits Gavin in the floor on a regular basis. Garrett puts it right back together, asks for Gavin to be put back in it and they are off again.








Look what I figured out how to do!!!! Yes....Grayson came in to discover him crawling around in the floor butt naked having the time of his life. Who wouldn't????







Who would've guessed that sunscreen acts just like hair gel????






Getting ready to meet up with all of the cousins to go swimming.....Grayson and Evye were out blowing up pool toys when this was taken




Sleeping at Granny's....where Garrett should've been



..........where Garrett was



So..it's a little blurry but too sweet not to post. Just some of the random joys of twins. All day long Garrison had driven the tractor and Grant had driven the dirt bike around. This is how I find them parked on their bed.




Grant adamantly choosing to wear Garrett's shoes everywhere. I must add...these were Garrison's and Grant's shoes last summer. They grow so fast. Sentimental moments.


Bathtime with tons of brothers. Far from boring whether they're in there with him or just enjoying it from the tub side. Never a lonely moment here....or dull or lifeless or quiet. How boring life would be without them all......for him and for me!

2 comments:

Abby said...

What is your new Camera?

onemotherslove said...

The eyes are beautiful with your new camera!! (of course they'd beautiful in person, too)

Many days I have to put Elizabeth in a romper with snaps so she won't remove her diaper! She likes the big velcro tabs! She even opens the ones that velcro in the back when she's in the mood!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...