Well........I woke on yesterday's rainy, muddy, wonderful morning to one with fever, 3 with congestion and a sick husband. The morning sickness and fatigue have just now set in in full force. It is soooo bad. At the rate I was going I thought I was going to escape it. I'm just now 6 wks and since I found out at 3 wks I figured if I was going to have it I would've had it by now. Not the case! I can't even look at food and nothing sounds even remotely good. Looking at the uncovered dip in the frig was enough to send me running to the bathroom. And who knew mint floss could spur a puke attack. Since my stomach is mostly empty at any given moment it just causes bouts of dry heaving or gagging episodes. Things that I ate yesterday are enough to turn my stomach today. And to think that a week ago I was doubting the fact I really am pregnant since I felt sooooooo good! It's hard to do anything but sleep.
I couldn't bring myself to even look at food to think about an Easter meal. And everybody's under the weather. I have finally decided that Easter is officially postponed this year and we are taking a rain check on it. As a result they're all eating PB and honey for lunch and chicken spaghetti for dinner...if I can muster the courage to smell the chicken. And the boiled eggs may or may not get colored and certainly are not being hunted down today. Why in the world would morning sickness and the exhaustion wait til 6 wks to set in???? The good news is that I only have 6 wks of it to go instead of a full 3 months of it. And Brad's hopes are rising that it might actually be a girl this time since I am never sick with any of the boys. Admittedly, I might be a little disappointed if it's a girl. I am absolutely loving the house being over run with boys. And I love how close in age all of the little ones are and the fact that they're all boys. But we're still waiting to use the name Ivye so I'm longing to name another girl. Who knows. The only thing I do know is that I'm sick enough right now to be pregnant with 3 girls. I seriously wondered there for awhile if I had a stomach virus. But given the fact nobody has anything even remotely stomach related going on and the fact that my nausea is triggered by certain key factors like smell and sight I am quite sure it's just all baby related. I'm going to laugh if it comes out a boy.....so much for the whole gender based morning sickness record I have going. So much for not feeling very pregnant!!!
We missed being at church. It was a good stay home, under the covers, watching Little House on the Prairie type of day though. Not that I ever had a chance to do any of that...but the children enjoyed the down time.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Nikki--I get the sickest with girls. I think it's the extra female hormones or something. If I get sick at 6 weeks it's a girl, if I get sick at 8 weeks, it's a boy.
Sorry your Easter was so blue--maybe you can celebrate in some special way later.
Hope everyone's feeling better soon, well, at least those who are supposed to be feeling better soon.
Amity
I was horrendously sick with my first baby (girl), less sick but still sick with my second (boy), and didn't have any sickness with my third (girl). Guess it just depends on the baby and mother.
I'm sorry to hear you're so nauseated, though. That is truly one of the worst things about pregnancy.
Praying the rest of your family recovers from their bugs swiftly!
Hugs,
Denise
Post a Comment