Monday, February 18, 2008

Cashing In

I have now successfully sold 158.48 on Ebay and only getting started with what I have to put on there!!! I parted with my beloved ship's wheel that brought in a whopping 92.00. I also sold a set of pasta bowls that we received as a wedding gift and never used even once. In fact, I thew the original box away after we moved thinking that would force me to use them. They were glass and, well...........we just don't do glass around here. So, I figured I'd put them on there and somebody else may get some use out fo them. I expected no more than 5.00 or so. I listed them for 3.99. Ending bid was 33.00!!!! I'm loving this Ebay stuff!!!!

I still have all of my JBF consignment stuff to go and so far if all of the bigger stuff sales for the asking price and does not have to be reduced the bigger stuff alone will bring in 571.00. That does not include the 10 huge overflowing boxes of clothing still not priced. I probably will not ask more than a few bucks for each item. Some stuff in there is name brand so I may can get as much as 8.00-10.00 for those. She said I can reasonably ask 1/4 of anything from Target, Wal Mart, Carter's, etc. Any Tommy, Gymboree or things of that nature have incredibe resale value and I can probably get as much as 1/2 of the orginal purchase price of those.

Pretty exciting! I figured it up and I need a little over 1,000.00 to be able to do a Bosch, Vita mix, dehydrator, Ergo, cloth diapers and the Spanish curriculum to enhance the Rosetta stone stuff the children are doing. If I can pull it off it will also pay for me to go the Above Rubies retreat. Those figures are with buying the Bosch and Vita Mix brand new. I will be able to get them off of Ebay though for around 1/2 of their retail price so hopefully I will save about 400.00-500.00 there. I am so excited!! And how much more enjoyable all of these things will be with no debt attached. It has been years since we financed anything, but the novelty of having really great stuff with no payment never wears off. It make take some waiting time and patience on my end but when it gets here it is so well worth the wait!!!

So...time to get over my little depression rut and get going on the rest of this stuff. I found it hard to do anything this week so the whole week was kind of blown. From Thursday on I have moped and cried. Maybe getting busy again and harnessing all of my time on this stuff will help make everything a little more tolerable.

1 comments:

Abby said...

WOW! that is too cool! Way to go Nikki!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...