Friday, August 24, 2007

Mission Accomplished.....and other random pictures


The closet is now completed. I don't think I've ever felt better or more in control of my life. It's absolutely amazing to me what sheer junk and clutter do to your overall quality of life. It makes me crazy. There is such a peace in my life now knowing my closet is clean. And no skeletons ever came out of it either! And the organization process is pretty contagious. Each of the children have a cubby in the top of their one closet. It allows them to keep their personal stuff put up that is dangerous for the little ones....ie. for Grayson guns, bullets, knives, targets that can easily be destroyed and ripped into shreds by little hands, his disgusting collection of rattlesnake rattles, etc. Evye's contains jewelry that can be easily broken..in which 1/2 of it already is, makeup that hasn't already been eaten or used to repaint the walls, and favorite stuff she wants to keep to herself and save for naptimes, etc. For Aubrey she has her own little jewelry box she wants to keep up like Evye's and lipstick tubes that have been completely eaten. The boys share a cubby for now and I keep some of their misc items up there. Anyway, Grayson got the neat gene and the closet project was completely contagious and he went to work on his cubby. He spent an entire day on it. It was so sweet and I loved the fact my closet actions set a good example for them. Evye....well let's just say she didn't inherit anything close to an organizational gene or the remote desire to ever establish one. So, her cubby still looks like a big bottle of Pepto-Bismol spilled haphazardly into a green crate. We're working on establishing motivation for maintaining details in life. So far, it's not looking too promising. At least she's finally gotten really good at picking up stuff and keeping their room decent and she's a pro at making beds. And Aubrey's still young enough she just loves anything project oriented so she got ahold of her cubby and "organized" moving her pile of broken jewelry and eaten makeup from one side of the cubby to the other. Mission accomplished for her!

So, here are my humbling before pics and very fulfilling after pics.



Before doorway view





After doorway view




Before of Brad's side





After of Brad's side
Oops....stay tuned for after pics. Forgot this angle.



Before of my side







After of my side (from inside the closet looking towards the door. I don't have the patience to go take a pic right now from the same perspective of the 1st pic)





Before shelves






After shelves









Before top of shelves







After top of shelves




Before bottom of shelves and floor













After bottom of shelves and floor





Before top shelf on my side




After top shelf on my side







Before middle shelf on Brad's side




After middle shelf on Brad's side



Closet cleaning is fun! All kinds of little jewels were discovered. Who knows where the pairs are...but then who cares when you found you're two favorite things ever...puppies and race cars.






More jewels discovered........"New" shoes are fun......even more fun in the nude.






Gavin's 1st camera smiles!!!! I was about ready to trade him in for a non-fussy model but within the last week or so he has finally adjusted to life and is a complete joy. He's sleeping through most of the nights and finally just loves to snuggle instead of being so restless. And he's arrived at utter contentment with life. He's been sleeping in the swing since that's the only place he's been happy but last night he slept curled all warm and soft in between Brad and I. I loved having him cuddled up right next to me all night. How in the world can I be so in love with this little bald miracle I've only known for 6 weeks? The one I've carried for so long but never touched. The one I've dreamed of for so long but never seen before a mere 6 wks ago. How is it possible to love so much?













City council meeting. What's a car?



Sunset in heaven






Alright, and for the new section "Today's Mess". I really do watch my kids....some of the time.


Monday's Mess (lotion)




Tuesday's Mess (Fruity O's...or more commonly known as Fruit Loops)




Friday's Mess (As for Aubrey, I guess she was a little thirsty or something? Or maybe it's just fun licking bacterial infested surfaces.)


1 comments:

THZ said...

Ok, your pictures inspired me... I spent an hour on my closet tonight and I feel sooo much better!! Thanks!! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...