written Jan 22, 2007
Well, we're both still very much in shock at the results we were given over the weekend. I had my prenatal appt before the sono so we talked through the whole timing thing and then confirmed by measurements and prenatal stuff that I am around 12-13 wks....exactly where I thought I was. So, we went on over for the sono to confirm those findings..........and our biggest joke of the pregnancy came true. Instead of a big 12 wk uterus and the possibility of another set of twins like everyone was thinking the tech said.........Well, definitely just one baby and you're AT LEAST 16 wks and probably around 17. By the end of the sono and baby's measurements, which are probably small for it's age at this point, (which would mean I'm probably even farther along than 16 wks) it said I am 16 wks and 1 day. Accuracy is probably not great at this point so he said that there's a possibility I could be as far as 18 wks. Bone measurements gave a 16 wk date and weight est gave an 18 wk date. The baby weighs 5 oz which is standard for an 18 wk baby. It came in as 16 wks in bone measurements, which are the more inaccurate of the two, but a 16 wk baby is only around 3 oz. After talking it over with the tech and midwife they said it is probably very accurate to date the pregnancy at 17 wks. So, that gives me the due date of somewhere between June 30th-July 5th. It blew me away. He said he could definitely tell gender on a 16-18 wk baby and asked if we wanted to know. The whole plan was to have our 1st surprise baby but with the shock of being so much farther along than either of us thought, I'd had enough shock for the day. Twins would have been easier to fathom than already being 1/2 way done. I looked over at Brad and said that to be that far along and not know means it's definitely a boy. There's no way a pregnancy would be this easy with a girl. I freakin didn't even know I was pregnant and am already 1/2 done with the entire pregnancy. So, he said sure, go ahead and let us in on the secret. So..........much to Brad's dismay......
It's yet another BOY!!!!!!
hahahaha! Though he wasn't laughing at the moment! So, #5 boy it is. Girls are definitely on a losing streak here.
So, here I am pregnant and really truly 1/2 way done with the pregnancy. And for the fun of it.......this baby may just be baby #7 born on 7/7/07! I'd gladly wait around for that! Watch me go until the 17th! HA! That'd be about par for this pregnancy!!!
And to top it all off......my lack of weight gain had concerned me when I was thinking I was only 12 wks. I've now lost a total of 2 pds with absolutely no weight gain at all since becoming pregnant and am this far along. They said not to worry. Baby looks good and is developing great. The only reason the baby may appear smaller and actually be even farther along than the 16 it measured in the sono is due to variations in growth as the bigger they get and being unable to get good solid measurements due to the baby already being a larger size. They've all said the earlier the sono is done the more accurate they are. But he said I am definitely not any less than 16 wks....but no farther than 18. Wow! Now this is the way to be pregnant! HA! So, everyone decided to date it at 17 wks.
Well, as far as the children's thoughts on a baby boy go.......it's taken Evye a little longer to get used to the idea. Her 1st words were, "But I didn't want a boy." LOL! The thought of yet another boy even took Grayson by surprise, I think. The Chinese baby predictor calendar thing that they say is 98% accurate said girl for us. So, when I told Grayson his 1st words were "Well, the computer was just wrong!" HA! I then had to explain, not realizing how seriously he took the computer and a fun prediction for its word!!! The excitement has started to kick in for him though and he's talking non stop about how he can teach them all to ride bikes without training wheels since he's a pro at it, since he started when he was 4! LOL! And how he can teach them the difference between rattlesnakes and rat snakes! I told him that was more than fine with me and he could easily take over that part of their early childhood education! After all, he's got a small army under him that will be willing and ready, not to mention eager, to learn! Evye's still getting used to the idea. I just said lovingly, "Evye, you know how much you love Garrett. You're a little mother to him and he loves you to pieces. How can you say you don't want another boy? Think of what you would've missed out on had we not had Garrett!!!" She just looked at me and said matter of factly "Well, Garrett's ok and I like him but I don't know about this baby." I had to laugh then. Aubrey's still so carefree it doesn't even register with her. She just said "It's a boy???!!!! Yea!!!!" and started jumping up and down. She would've done the same with a girl! Evye stood there dismayed by Aubrey's response and said "No Aubrey......it's a BOY!!!!!" like she didn't understand the full impact of it. HA!
We decided to go ahead and come up with a name as soon as we could for the children to start seeing it as a baby instead of a "boy" since everybody expected girl. We thought it would help, which it has. All of the older 5 are already calling him by name, which gets them all excited and starts the questions of what he will look like and and if he'll have red hair like Grant or blond like everybody else. It seems like a name suddenly makes the baby a person to them instead of an unwanted gender! HA! So, on the name thing, I thought it would take forever since Garrett was supposedly the last G name Brad liked. He could not stand Gavin last time around. But this time suddenly he has declared that this baby is already our Gavin. Too funny! I'm fine with that since I like the name. He says Gage is still out since it makes him want to go look at the pressure stuff on his truck. I forgot that everything on the side of a firetruck is a gauge for every kind of pressure they have on there!!! But, if Gavin was so out last time and it's suddenly the name this time then I have no doubt that our next baby boy is probably going to be Gage! LOL! So, for whatever reason, Brad is obsessed with having a name immediately after we find out what each baby is. So, the lack of a middle name was driving him crazy! LOL! It's been an ongoing debate since we walked out of the sono office! Anyway, after going through tons of random names that we just pulled out of the air and seemed to sound good it ended in this. Last night we were laying in bed and in the dark I just said "What about Gavin Quint since he's our 5th boy? That'd have some great meaning behind it and it sounds really great and strong." It was quiet for a minute and then suddenly he said "That's it!!!" I laughed thinking he was being funny and he said he was serious and that it is definitely the name this baby is supposed to have. I was just joking because they call the ladder trucks quints........and I knew he'd blow it off with some smart comment....especially knowing what he thinks of Gage and what it makes him think of!!! LOL! I love the fact that it means he's our 5th and I love the name itself. But, seeing as how I love the name and he blew me away with his love for it too we now have a baby boy named.........
Gavin Quint
So, that's the latest on us. So, by the end of it we may have a baby on Brad's birthday, possibly the 4th or baby #7 on 7/7/07......or we could've missed it again and end up not having the kid until the end of July!! hahahaha!!!! Who knows! Anyway, the boys are on a winning streak for now! One more and we'll have our own 6 man team!
Friday, March 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment