written Dec 15, 2006
Let me start with saying I just tested 3 1/2 wks ago and so was thinking I'm about 8 wks along. So, Carol, our midwife, came today and as soon as the doppler hit my stomach there was a booming heartbeat very loud and clear. She said right then that I'm at least an easy 12 wks. I"m measuring right at 12 wks too for the average mom. I usually measure 2 wks smaller than norm though so that makes me 14 or 15 wks????!!!! She listened all over and we heard the placenta, cord, my femoral artery (or some artery of some sort) and she is 99% sure it's just one. She said going based on just 1 heartbeat is not reliable since at this very early stage they can very easily drown the other out and one can be deeper than the one that is being heard so well. But based on the fact that I am measuring right where I should be that we are going based on 1 baby....especially since I've now lost 2 pds from starting weight. I thought I'd gained 2 but when I got on the scale this morning I'm lower than I when I even got pregnant. She said I'm definitely due in June....not July. My due date as of now is the 30th, but very well could be the 12th of June!! If it is truly the 30th of June I may go a few days late and I can still have baby #7 in 7/07! LOL! I can't freakin believe I'm this pregnant! I'm still kind of in shock and still taking it all in. How I could have been pregnant for 2 1/2 months, maybe even longer, and not have known is really foreign to me. I just don't get it. And I know I can't be measuring farther ahead for twins and us mistaking it for me being farther along since we heard a very clear distinct heartbeat so immediate and so well. So, there's no arguing that I'm at least 12 wks. Unless, it's possible to hear the heartbeat before 12 wks....which she said rarely ever happens. We weren't able to hear it with Garrett until rigth at 12. We tried at 10 and it just wasn't audible.
So, she said at the end of the appt that we'll keep an eye out for another baby but we're going based on 1 until I can get in at the college for a sonogram, which opens back on the 2nd. But, I know now even more that there's just 1. There's no way there's 2 in there with all of that info I was handed today. I'm still just in absolute shock that I've been pregnant for a little over 3 months, probably around 3 1/2 and maybe even 4!!! She said I'm at least 12 wks and very possibly could be more like 15. If we go based on my last period on Labor Day that'd make me 15 wks! I told her there's no way in the world I'm that pregnant. I KNOW I'm not that far along. She said she didn't think so either due to my measurements but I always measure about 2 cm smaller than average with a single baby. I measured 12 cm today which would put me at 14 or 15 wks with a single baby. So, she reached a guesstimate of 12 wks based on average women's measurements. She said we'd leave it at 12 wks right now until we have a better idea by the beginning of me feeling baby's movement.
Wow! What a day! How can you just not know you're pregnant......after you've been pregnant as many times as I have????!!!!!! I thought those were just stories people told you about. So, 1 baby it is and I'm due sometime between June 12 and the 30th........as opposed to July 26th like I thought!!! I'm still in shock. Does that really happen? 3 neg tests and to not even feel pregnant???!!!! Oh well. I guess I got really blessed this go round!!! LOL! I'm either 1/3 or as much as almost 1/2 way through the pregnancy!!!
Love,
Nikki
Friday, March 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment