Saturday, August 11, 2012

Late Night Rowdies

Outside my window....
the green canopy that is now above head height, 2 extension cords, a tree saw, some tree pruners, 2 garden rakes, a shovel, and a 1/4 acre....along with a ditch full....of brush piles....and no truck to haul them off with. I have a match.

I am thinking.....
that I may never have use of my left hand again. Though it ended up not being broken, falling from dead trees is definitely not a recommended sport I desire to take up.

I am thankful......
that tanning can cure such severe eczema when all other medications, prescriptions and natural remedies have failed for so many years....and with it comes the benefit of feeling pretty hot....literally. 

I am wearing....
does this statement ever really matter? Seriously....that's about like uselessly stating what somebody had for dinner. Who really cares. Ummm......nobody. But to humor the daybook thing.....because at times, this blog becomes nothing but random daybook posts for fillers, until I can actually sit long enough to think coherently again.....I am wearing gray knit capri pants and a nursing tanktop. However, the yoga pants are fixin to be traded out for some running shorts to go work in the yard.


I am hearing.....
Dave Loggins begging me to come to Boston.


I am pondering.....
that pushups with a useless left hand are not only entirely painful but pretty much impossible.


I am reading.....
landscape design sites and books....but none of them match what I see in my head.


I am wondering.....
that given the state of the basement right now, whether fixing up this house is like trying to polish a turd or if we'll discover that it's just a diamond in the rough. Thinking it might be a little of the former.


I am hoping.....
for a weekend honeymoon to a little cabin nestled on the beach below Hatteras for our upcoming anniversary. 

I am going.....
outside in the 75 degree weather. And while the high at home is 106, our high here is merely 82. And when the afternoon rains come, like they do every afternoon, I will continue to work...because we have all discovered how much fun it is to continue working while it pours. There is something amazingly fun, wild and crazy....and something comforting along with a little raw and organic.....about gardening in the rain and thunder. Hair and clothes sticking to skin, tasting of sweat and work, and feeling alive and free in every way.

I am noticing....
that with shift husband working and scouting son water sliding down the Blueridge mountains right now that it's just me and the snakes left to greet each other out in the yard today.

I am remembering.....
that shaved legs slathered with Bath and Body body butter is capable of making skin feel like velvet...and it smells good too!

On my mind....
some thoughts cannot be penned......


Life......

Before lining up with the others for a haircut. The longest his hair has ever gotten. And at this length it turns fairly orange. 


 My yard crew....building sandcastles and twig forts.
 The size of us vs. the trees we are waging forest war with. 

My fellow tree trimmer.


The last storm that flooded the basement resulted in this lightening strike in downtown WF and also struck a house and blew out the entire inner wall in the next town. Pretty awesome.


Evye standing at the base of the monster tree. It was kinda big.




The unthinkable. Playing at the McDonald's playground. I think the last kid to have done this was oldest son at the age of 2. The look of horror by all McDonald's employees was worth it all. The manager even found it within himself to come make us aware of the wet conditions of the playground and inform me that any injuries suffered were at our expense. Thought that was very kind of him. It was the equivalent of playing at a water park.....so they loved it. 


Trying to picture journey the inconsistent P90X and running routine. Haven't proved to be consistent at all with pictures so here's a few recent post baby taken yesterday. He'll be 5 months old tomorrow. It always goes so fast. My sweet little happy guy. No makeup and plastered hair stuck to head due to having worked outside all day. Oh well. You get the general idea.  And no...I didn't work in yard in jeans. We had to run to Walmart and have camping son at church, thus the jeans.

The brown door didn't prove to be the best backdrop for assessing any results. I'll do a redo tomorrow or Monday with better lighting and a lighter backdrop so I'll be better able to tell results....and maybe actually put some makeup on and help the whole picture cause out a little. The thighs...I can work for months but am fully aware of the fact they're never going away. But....they are size 8 jeans! And I put the hair up...cause from the front it just looks like one big witchy pyramid until I can get it washed from having been outside in 83% humidity all day. 

Big, happy 5 month old boy of mine.

What they do at 1am after skyping with TX cousin.

 How does one even begin to take her seriously when she is standing there looking like this attempting to tell a long dramatic story about life???

I love this boy.



And this is a long 5.13 minutes but it's life at its finest....if you make it through til the end. This would be after a full day of swimming...thus the backed up laundry...again. 9pm, bedtime should've been an hour previous to this, everybody waiting for daddy to arrive home before they head to bed, and super rowdy after 1.00 hamburgers, root beer, apple sauce, cookies, and pudding cups. I tried to edit it to make it a bit shorter and cut out the Lollipop song...but finally gave up due to impatience with it all. However, it is quite entertaining to watch Ivye sing Lollipop. It's pretty comical watching the wrestling boys and everybody working around them rolling all over the place. All 12 of us...in a 9x10 room. And the carpet....yep. It's there....and it's still horrifically carpet. But it works. And we're not homeless.





5 comments:

Sherri said...

Reading about your days makes ours seem sooooooo much more normal (we only have 9 kids though).

Anonymous said...

the video is not working :-(((((( .....love the read...as always.... :-)

Nikki Bettis said...

Sherri.....I have come to the conclusion that normal does not exist. If it does I think we strayed from it about 8 kids ago. Lol. It's more comforting to think in terms of having redefined normal!

Marie....I couldn't get it to work for me either. I got tired of messing with it and gave up. I'll see if I can play with it some more and figure out where it went wrong. Despite the fact it's an entire 5 minutes it's pretty funny seeing all of them in action. Missing you, sweet friend!

JuRita said...

no video for me either! i have to write one of these blogs again. a picture perfect window to what life is like in our crazy homes. peace out!
jurita

tlmhuntress said...

Ivye definitely has a thing for that hairband! Haha! She is so funny! I'm so proud of you for working so hard to keep yourself in shape. The older I get, the more I'm amazed at how many women at any age just don't care anymore. Kind of seems like there's a pride in being gross, with a ready reason for why any effort never works....medical, hormonal, whatever! Hmm. Love you. Miss you and everyone. Seeing Grayson in uniform almost made me cry remembering Scott's scouting days. Such an honor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...