Not that I'm not there already. But, in a workout related manner.....it has begun. It's a little late in coming due to the small fact that I started last Monday. I joined a challenge group that is daily accountability for each of us. Paleo eating plan is in full swing. Insanity is actually a 60 day workout program but the challenge is to get through the first 30 days. We'll reassess then and do the next 30. And honestly....I'm kinda not liking Insanity all that much. It's intense...to say the least....but I liked P90X better. So, did a little research and will be transitioning over into a P90X/Insanity hybrid 90 day routine today. I'll still get all the benefits from Insanity's truly, crazily insane cardio but the fun and love of P90. I may get brave enough to post the before pics before the 30 days are up. Still working on the courage to do that part. They're not that bad...they're just not that good either. Maybe if I post them it'll keep me accountable and give the added motivation to push past the discomfort of it all....including the need to rise at the ungodly hour of 5:30 am to knock it out. Sunrise through the trees is pretty awe inspiring. It's almost as amazing as watching it rise over the rural plains of Texas. When paired with sunrise glory and cups of coffee, rising to workout wins over the sleepy fog that momentarily stifles the brain and screams to stay put under covers.
So it is that I push past all discomfort. I push past feelings that I just might breathe myself to death. I push past fear of thudding a hole through 2nd floor home to 1st floor basement. I overcome feeling as though I rival hippopotic weight as I do the 30,000th jump squat of the day. And I go into week two of the 30 day challenge. I do it because I'm still in love with the power that comes with physical strength. I continue on because it clears both head and heart and I finish as a better wife to my husband and mother to my children....and because I love myself when I am done. Because there is not a day when I finish that I ever take for granted the fact that I CAN do this...I have legs growing strong, powerful and capable. I have two arms that can develop muscle definition and lift what others cannot. I do it because I love the self discipline that comes with it all...knowing that if I can do this I can withstand whatever is thrown at us within our life because mind and body have been trained to submit and they've been taught to overcome. I have been trained to rise above discomfort of self to conquer whatever lies ahead. I am a conqueror. I am victorious. I am powerful. It courses through the veins, blood red as it flows. Heart and body grow stronger in every sense. As I cry out to Him to keep going I know that I can do anything because He is faithful to never allow anything in life that I cannot handle. I have conquered my weight. I have conquered two years without a husband present as he commuted 250 miles. I have conquered what no parent in life should ever have to conquer. I have conquered the 2nd trimester loss of one of our boys. I have conquered giving up absolutely everything we had, leaving behind every family member and friend, and entering a new world far away from all that we have ever known. I have overcome no income, tick infestations, tiny houses, floods, less than optimal landlords, crazy stupid people, psychotic kids, personal attacks, mice, and poison ivy. And because of it all we have reaped the rewards and our lives have been so exponentially expanded. Our depth and knowledge of God grown to depths we have never known, our longing for more heightened to an insatiable hunger for Him. We have seen Him work in ways most people will never in a lifetime allow themselves to see. We have seen the power of a living, breathing God that does exist...and He still listens and hears in the midst of all the pain, the hurt, the transition, the discomfort. And He still moves and works miracles.
And so I have every confidence that if I have pushed past that in life than I can conquer 60 minutes of discomfort in my day. On the other side lies the reward and benefits that far outweigh the few minutes of pushing past it all. And I grow strong both in mind and body. Self discipline, strength, power, love of self that enables one to find the joy in loving others. 30 days of Insanity. It's an amazing thing to accomplish.
Fight. for. it.












1 comments:
I love you. I love your commitment. I love your tenacity. I love your strength, persistence, courage, stamina, humility, humor, tenderness, honor, integrity, dedication, and friendship. One of my greatest blessings in life is God's choosing me as your mother. We sure have fun and I miss you so much.
Post a Comment