Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Birthday to Our Water Babies

One year ago




12 month pics to come! The journey's pretty amazing. How much they change in just 12 short months.



11 months. In the chaos of the move I didn't ever get around to doing pics of them together.



Gatlin...our content, white blond, playful, Baby B


Graham...sweet clown man, fuzzy redhead Baby A






9 & 10 months. The months flew by and when I looked up they were already another month older so this worked for both.






8 months. And yep....they're still boys. But they happened to be sitting in a rocking chair with a pink blanket covering it. Sweet pink boys.





7 months





6 months




5 months








4 months





3 months ....This was before I thought to do a month to month journey of them together.









2 months






1 month










Birth Day








































October 30th.



How amazed I still am over their lives. How in awe that I have these two boys in my life. Just by being here they are testimony of God's goodness, the fact He hears and answers the voice of His people, the fact that through the pain one can overcome and the Lord is standing on the other side of it all still there. We were not abandoned or forsaken. We were not left to wage war with one of the darkest sides of life for it to go unnoticed by the Lord. How merciful is the God we serve, how faithful and how deep His loves....depths unfathomable to me even still. I don't know that the details about Aubrey's ordeal will ever surface or be told, even now two years later it turns the stomach to even begin to attempt to recount details, and the loss of our baby boy...the long arduous journey that it became....all so much hurt...too much for the heart to bear somedays....most days of life during that time. How thankful I am to be here now, where we are, to be holding two babies dr's said would probably never be. To watch them run and jabber and be a part of this family overflows the heart in ways only some will ever know...only ones that know that kind of pain before the joy that comes after it's over. The ones that know pain so deep they cannot ever conceive of being able to live normally again.




How in love I am with my two sweet boys. What a miracle they are in every way. We have no twins in the family yet our two sets are here....blessing our lives in every way, bringing joy unsurpassed. How amazing it is to have the gift of twins again in our lives...unexpected in every way. My sweet fuzzy redhead and bald blond boy...what gifts they are to our family. My life and our family would not be the same without them. How desperately in love we are with our sweet little duo.




I continue to live from the high that they're birth brought with it. So much peace and joy that have encompassed their lives from the very beginning. What a drastic change from the 1st time we welcomed twins in our family. How amazing and what a story our 1st set of twins have. Their pregnancy went 40 weeks and I did succeed in delivering completely naturally in a hospital with A vertex and B breech but the battle waged to get there was long and hard in every way. Pregnancy could not even be enjoyed due to doctors' fear of multiples. How drastically different the 2nd time around has been. Completely peaceful pregnancy with midwife's care. And their birth...such a blessing and so much healing in every way. 40 weeks 2 days, 54 cm in fundal height...kinda huge, 2 hours, relatively painless, so peaceful, only husband, oldest daughter, and dearest friend in attendance as both babies were born into water only 12 minutes apart. Their birth story here.




I am so desperately in love. These two little guys have blessed our lives in ways nothing in the world ever could. Happy Birthday my sweet Baby A and Baby B. I love you more than words will ever in a lifetime convey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a pleasure I had meeting the little guys.....Nikki cannot believe a year has gone by soooooooo fast.

Gob Bless you all!

Marie Jones said...

They are sooo big and cute! Happy B-day to them!

We miss you all already. :(

Marie

ccc said...

I have to say that I am still in awe of their birth story. If I ever have twins I will read and reread that story for encouragement.
God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...