Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Daybook: Random Things I Have Learned

Outside my window.....


North Carolina acorns that fall in clumps completely randomly and rather shockingly at any given moment thumping you forcefully in the head and making you look absolutely ridiculous as you duck and run for cover










I am thinking.....


that roaches here regularly grow to the size of 11 month old babies












I am thankful for....


the 2nd trimester.









I am wearing......


a magenta colored maternity shirt in which I sorely overestimated cuppage size due to pregnancy enhanced boobs. Instead I have disappointingly surmised that I can stick an entire newborns head in there to nurse and only then would it even begin to come close to filling out nicely enough that it does not woefully sag off of my body in need of bustiness.











I am hearing.....


falling acorns that make me fear for my life











I am remembering.......


that when you have moved from a house with an endless supply of hot water and moved to a house boasting a small hot water tank that you will quickly learn you only have time to wash your body, wash your hair and shave one of two legs before you run out of hot water....and the other leg will have to wait until your next shower.










I am going......


to not think about the dead tree in the front yard that the landlord's wife refuses to let him cut down. Her reason???? ....because it's a tree. Apparently the fact it's more than a little bit dead has eluded her.










I am reading.....


how not to die due to falling acorns.










I am hoping....


that the 10 mandatory laps the children are making around the property line right now will return them to me with a little less energy and alot less complaints of boredom....and that the dude with the trampoline will hurry up and call me back.












On my mind.....


that heating and cooling vents that blow from the floor instead of the ceiling give a whole new meaning to breeziness in unexpected places








Noticing that......


when you are just one person in a shower so big that it comfortably accomodates 2 grown adults the air is so cold in the vast empty space that it no longer matters how hot the water is....it's just going to be a really cold shower.










Pondering.....


that when you are in need of a sanity saving, Calgon shower children will pick the bathroom lock and talk incessantly in the echoey bathroom until you are done. However, when you are stuck in the shower and yelling for any kid within the near vicinity to return the stolen shampoo bottle there is not one child to be found within hearing distance......stranding you in the dwindling hot water, dripping wet.... leaving you no choice but to use your dry towel that no longer covers a growing stomach and run through the house naked and wet to retrieve the missing goods.










Around the house.....


toddler size roaches that have introduced themselves as Bonnie and Clyde, Bert and Ernie, and Julio and Gomaz.












One of my favorite things.....


little boys that have absolutely no fear of roaches larger than they are and will gleefully beat them into oblivion as I stand across the room and wait












Life in pictures.....







3 comments:

JuRita said...

you make me laugh nikki!! what bad is when you can hear those roaches and think it is a little mice. thankfully we have only seen one in our new house. I am convincing myself it is because I had the screened window open most of the day.;) i might use the running laps idea soon. peace and love.

Rockin` Mama said...

NIKKI!!!! you crack me up!!! I'm glad to see you still have your sense of humor!!! Sounds like you and your family are starting to enjoy yourselves!!I'm so jealous it's not even funny!!!Still working hard on our dream move! The laps thing I'm sooo stealing that one!!!

Kerri said...

Grayson's first NC deer and you didn't tell us about it!!? I bet he said "Now I'm home..."
As for roaches, they are the one bug that will send me running! I can't stand them! Fortunately I've never seen one in this house and we've been here 2 yrs.
Blessings from central Tx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...