You wrote in your sidebar: "I am the wife of a firefighter/paramedic and homeschooling mom to 10."
Well, I could almost write the exact same thing.
I, too, and the wife of a firefighter/paramedica and a homeschooling mom -- yet I have 9 children, not 10. We almost had our #10 in December but lost that one in June at the 11th week (miscarriage) And we again would have had our #10 this coming October, but sadly lost that little one, too, in the 10th week just two weeks ago. So even though I have just nine (just?!) I feel like I actually have 11 -- just two are not here with me.
I was directed to your blog by Thea. She and I just became friends via the blogging world and have found that we share so many similarities.
I don't have too much time right now because I have to get dinner going, but I hope to return to your blog later tonight to get to know you all better. What a beautiful family you have! I envy the spacing of your children - so close in age! The closest age gap I have ever been able to get is 18 months. And two sets of twins??!! Wow. I've always wanted twins...but nope, no twins yet.
Katrina...I recognized your blog name but upon visiting after your comment realized I have visited your blog several times. I remember thinking how gorgeous your family is, what a beautiful lady you are and what a great couple you make. Love Aislynn's name and the fact they all have A's.
I'm so sorry about your sweet babies...that you couldn't enjoy them here. And your most recent loss only 2 weeks ago....still so new and so raw. We also have a baby boy waiting for us that was welcomed into heaven at 14 wks gestation. One of the very hardest times and experiences I've ever walked through in life. We were told there was a very good possibility we may not go on to have more children after him so our little twins are absolutely one of the most amazing miracles in the world...and living little testimonies of God's goodness and grace to persevere through the storm. There are no twins in the family history at all! The Lord loves to surprise!! And we'd gladly do a 3rd set if He saw fit to bless us again with them. It's an amazing journey carrying and parenting twins. One that I do not ever take for granted in the least. We have been extraordinarily blessed by 10 children in 12 years and two sets of twins! God has indeed been so very good to us. I stand in awe of our 10 gifts...amazing in every way. I know you understand the depth of that too.
Thea and I are inseparable...despite our 4 states away difference. She is an amazing sister to me and you will not find a woman of better integrity or humor. Our children are some of the best of friends. She is an amazing person. She was the only other person present with my husband and I for the unassisted birth of our little twins this past Oct. I love her dearly.
What state are you in and what dept is your husband on? You can reach me at beo8violet@yahoo.com if you'd rather email.
So glad you commented and introduced yourself. We have much in common.
Education is paramount. Know your options. After being threatened by our Dr. with two counts of child endangerment for not consenting to a mandatory c-section at 38 weeks for the birth of our first set of twins, due to being "dangerously overdue" and a breech baby, we began a life changing journey. I knew there was a different way.
Pregnant in America
Educate. Research. Do your homework. It's worth it.
"Who of us is mature enough for children until the children themselves arrive? One of the greatest values of marriage is not that adults produce children but that children produce adults." Peter DeVries
Definition of a Story
A story is the verbal form that most adequately conveys our actual, day-to-day, ordinary life - the way we live. Unfortunately, most of the attention we receive in contemporary society is indifferent to story; that is, to the way we actually live, our personal uniqueness. A story provides the diction and syntax that reveals the unique particular, the inner identity, and the intricate web of relationships that account for who we are - our life. Eugene Peterson
3 comments:
Hello Nikki,
You wrote in your sidebar: "I am the wife of a firefighter/paramedic and homeschooling mom to 10."
Well, I could almost write the exact same thing.
I, too, and the wife of a firefighter/paramedica and a homeschooling mom -- yet I have 9 children, not 10. We almost had our #10 in December but lost that one in June at the 11th week (miscarriage) And we again would have had our #10 this coming October, but sadly lost that little one, too, in the 10th week just two weeks ago. So even though I have just nine (just?!) I feel like I actually have 11 -- just two are not here with me.
I was directed to your blog by Thea. She and I just became friends via the blogging world and have found that we share so many similarities.
I don't have too much time right now because I have to get dinner going, but I hope to return to your blog later tonight to get to know you all better. What a beautiful family you have! I envy the spacing of your children - so close in age! The closest age gap I have ever been able to get is 18 months. And two sets of twins??!! Wow. I've always wanted twins...but nope, no twins yet.
Anyway, I've got to go...but I'll be back:)
My blog is www.theyallcallmemom.com
Blessings,
Katrina
Katrina...I recognized your blog name but upon visiting after your comment realized I have visited your blog several times. I remember thinking how gorgeous your family is, what a beautiful lady you are and what a great couple you make. Love Aislynn's name and the fact they all have A's.
I'm so sorry about your sweet babies...that you couldn't enjoy them here. And your most recent loss only 2 weeks ago....still so new and so raw. We also have a baby boy waiting for us that was welcomed into heaven at 14 wks gestation. One of the very hardest times and experiences I've ever walked through in life. We were told there was a very good possibility we may not go on to have more children after him so our little twins are absolutely one of the most amazing miracles in the world...and living little testimonies of God's goodness and grace to persevere through the storm. There are no twins in the family history at all! The Lord loves to surprise!! And we'd gladly do a 3rd set if He saw fit to bless us again with them. It's an amazing journey carrying and parenting twins. One that I do not ever take for granted in the least. We have been extraordinarily blessed by 10 children in 12 years and two sets of twins! God has indeed been so very good to us. I stand in awe of our 10 gifts...amazing in every way. I know you understand the depth of that too.
Thea and I are inseparable...despite our 4 states away difference. She is an amazing sister to me and you will not find a woman of better integrity or humor. Our children are some of the best of friends. She is an amazing person. She was the only other person present with my husband and I for the unassisted birth of our little twins this past Oct. I love her dearly.
What state are you in and what dept is your husband on? You can reach me at beo8violet@yahoo.com if you'd rather email.
So glad you commented and introduced yourself. We have much in common.
THOSE ARE AWESOME! Have I told you several of the kids have said your kids are their cousins... I love it!
Post a Comment