Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Picture Journey of a Twin Pregnancy - 32 weeks

This was supposed to be every week, then went to every 4 weeks and it's now been 6 since the last picture. So, here we all are at 32 weeks...a far cry from where I was at 26 weeks. Sweet boys are definitely growing!! And as it is my birthday today it's a very, very amazing gift to be carrying these two after beginning a 14 week miscarriage of our 14 week baby boy on this very same day last year. Such a sweet unexpected gift to be here now.


And I must say, there has come a point in this pregnancy that I crossed into the realm of freakishly large and it's just plain scary to reveal the unclothed pregnant stomach...but I know I'll regret it later if I don't document this journey. And honestly, I'm a bit endeared to the roundness of it all. It never ceases to amaze me the flexibility of the human body and how intricately God created this whole thing. That it can expand to such massive proportions and then shrink back to perfection after the fact. It's an amazing thing to be the avenue for which God creates life...to carry it and feel it within, to see life grow before your eyes and then have the amazing journey of giving birth to a baby....or two.

It's still a little humorous when people ignorantly ask...."Awww...due next week??" or "Looks like only a week or two left??!!". I answer back with the fact I still have until the end of October and they begin stammering, stuttering and backtracking. I ease the blow with the fact that there are indeed two babies that grow within and then waylay their fears with the promise that I will not give birth on their concrete flooring...or in their public bathroom. It does feel like a bit of a clown show as people turn to watch the stomach walk by and give sympathetic smiles....or even worse....gawk and raise eyebrows....or just plain stare....men and women alike. I have learned that the smaller sized pregnancies are definitely a little better for public outings.

On a birth note....the birth pool has been ordered along with the kit to have at the house. Other misc items are being gathered that we'll have on hand. I have decided this will be the shortest, most enjoyable labor of our children since we are not having to travel 4 entire hours to reach a birthing center or midwife and Brad and I can be left alone in the peace of our own home to just labor together and have some babies. Our unassisted birth was by far one of the most amazing experiences of our lifetime and this, I am quite certain, will be just as amazing. It's a very healing thing to be able to do twins over again and just be able to enjoy them and have them in peace rather than trying to prove to all of the medical community that vertex-breech twins can be safely delivered at 40 weeks, that carrying them past 36/37 weeks is not overdue and that refusing to sign their papers for a mandatory c-section did not mean imminent death for our babies. To embrace this twin pregnancy and enjoy it.....anticipate their impeding birth......is surreal and such an amazing experience.

Baby clothes have been brought down from the attic and I've begun to feel the need to organize babies and their items into daily life. Only 4-8 more weeks left!




32 weeks with twins...it's an amazing thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our God is so great !!! If you think of it, please pray for us as our baby is almost 5 years old. We want whatever is best for us but are longing for more little people. We have 6 children ranging in age from 19yrs. to 5 yrs. Take care....keep us posted.
Marie

Mamabear said...

you look so beautiful. And you still smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...