Friday, June 15, 2007

Full Term......37 wks!



Well, they say, according to the books and internet stuff, that baby can come anyday now and he is now considered full term, though I am still 3 wks away from being the official 40 wks...which I always pass up by a week or so. So, based on the wonderful fact that I am now a beached whale I thought I would honor that and bring some form of recognition to it by watching the journey......or stomach.....progress. I don't think I have ever peed so much or felt so big in all of my life. This seriously rivals anything I felt with Garrison and Grant and to make it so much worse......there's only 1 kid in there!!! So, I will post these pics proudly and once this baby comes I will be beating down the doors of Jenny Craig! Then I'll follow my journey on the down hill side of the scale through those pics! I'm kind of tired of Weight Watchers and need some new inspiration and motivation. Not to mention I'll do great due to the fact everything's there and already waiting to be eaten. No thinking through the points and stuff or how many servings or crap I've already had on the Core Plan. So, I can hardly wait to drop all of this weight! I love being pregnant but at this point it feels a bit as though I've been pregnant for 18 straight months! Oh, what it will be to see 140 on the scale!!! I actually was picking out clothes this morning based on what is figure flattering. Ummm.......so I don't really think there is such a thing at this point in any pregnancy. There comes a point where I'm just big and round and full of baby and there's not really any overcoming it or trying to make appealing what is so stuck out there and rather......well......obvious. Seeing as how it's an added 25 pds that are glued to the entire front of my body.......and hips and butt and thighs there's not much concealing it at this point. I don't mind showing off baby but the whole hips, butt and thighs thing is still a bit troubling at times. So, I did better at taking regular pics through this pregnancy but there still is not any real rhyme or reason to the days I took them. I just kind of did it when the thought occurred to me. So, they are relatively about 4 wks apart...give or take a week or two. Close enough. And, of course, if I had any sort of photoshopping technique I'd photoshop me some pants on in the 1st few but I never really envisioned pasting them on some site anyone would be looking at. Next time around I'll try to be clothed from the onset of pregnancy to spare the poor souls that are having to look at these 1st few.







13 wks










17 wks










25 wks










30 wks










34 wks





37 wks





















Well, I was going to write more but it seems the day has already slipped into the wee hours of the morning. I'll see if I can get on here tomorrow after we return from FW or on Sun to finish summing things up on the latest happenings. Although it seems to have been rather quiet around here the last few days. I suppose quiet is always relative when referring to what I consider quiet. Maybe uneventful is more appropriately stating it....though uneventful is rather relative too, I guess.

But to add a few more irresistible pics......I had to spend the morning on the computer typing out addresses for the invitation list for the shower. So, I was limited in what I was able to supervise. Note to self.........never a good thing to be limited in supervising your children. But I did have Grayson and Evye as paid babysitters in which they were allowed to be turned loose in the playroom for entertaining the younger ones. But, Garrison has a toe that he continually keeps busting open so it never heals. And the more he does it the worse it gets. So, after trailing blood from the backdoor to my bedroom yesterday he again split it open this morning while I was tied up on the computer. He went and climbed up on the cabinet awaiting the needed cleaning and doctoring of it. It was awhile before I could ever get in there to him but I could hear him so mistakenly thought all was well. I should've known he was way too happy and occupied. I walked in awhile later to find he had lovingly and creatively fingerpainted the bathroom mirror with lotion. And he applied it rather liberally, as is evident. I still need to go clean the mirror up.




And then last night Garrison came in with yet another sinus infection that was robbing him of any decent sleep. It's completely unlike him to wake in the middle of the night so I knew he didn't feel good at all. So, I bedded him down on the little blanket bed in our room. I knew it was only a matter of time before Grant made his way in looking for his buddy....though Grant tends to be a regular visitor around 3am anyway. But, in waking to pee for the 54th time I discovered them sleeping like this. So, even at 3 am I had to capture the moment before it slipped into eternity all too quickly as they grow and these sweet days turn into years long ago. I dread the day that I can only look back on these things in bittersweet memory.

And, yes, Aubrey did come looking for her pink bear (to the right of Garrison) only 1/2 an hr after I'd fallen back asleep...if it even took that long. By that time I was kind of out of it and meeting needs in a zombie like state. How it got in there I'll never know. My guess is that somewhere in there all 3 were lined up on the blanket bed......only to have her get cramped and uncomfortable and head back to her own bed.

1 comments:

author said...

Hi Nikki,
I think you look fabulous for 37 weeks. I was a *heifer* during all three of my pregnancies!(Grins)

And judging by your photos, you don't strike me as having too hard of a time losing your baby weight, either. ;-)

Seriously, you look great. Here's to the home stretch! Try to take it easy.

Your friend,
Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...