Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, Mother's Day found us again in Fort Worth. We had originally planned to go to the homeschool bookfair but after having traveled as much as we have lately that plan was nixed. I really long to go but I'm kind of tired....so we'll shoot for next year on that one. After deciding against that Brad and I both agreed just to cancel the trip...since the only other reason to go was for a prenatal appt for me. At the last minute I decided to go ahead and go since Daddy planned Scott's huge 30th birthday party for the same weekend knowing we'd be in town. So, once again the children and I loaded up, rather spontaneously, and made a short trip there and back. I'm so very glad we went ahead and went. Brad got called in for OT so he ended up not going.

We arrived Sat afternoon and I left the little ones with Mother and headed over to my appt. Everything's good on that end. My platelet count is low again this pregnancy but still much better than it was with Garrett's. And to no one's surprise I'm anemic...as always. So, we're keeping an eye on the platelet issue and going to recheck my iron at my next appt. Other than that all looks good and baby's head down.....and NOT posterior like Garrett's stubborn little butt proved to be. So, that alone should make for a faster labor and delivery!!! At least we all hope so. We went over labor plans and what exactly the plan is to get there. That was fun just knowing baby Gavin's arrival is not so very far away! And we were also given a list of what to have on hand in the event that we don't make it to the birthing home. Brad's bringing home an OB kit from the station and we are now gathering all of the rest of the needed items for the "just in case". Although I can say from true experience that I've never in my life been known to have a fast labor! So, in theory, we should make it there with time to spare!! Only 7 wks to go now!

After my appt we headed to the birthday party for Scott. That was fun and I'm really glad we went. Here's just a few of the many pics that were taken.




It's hard to believe he's 30! Both of us have agreed that neither one of us really feel like we should be that age yet but on the other hand it's so much better being older. I don't miss my younger days at all. I really love where I am now. I love how far both of us have come. I'm so very proud of him and not only what he has accomplished but who he has become....and is still becoming.

The children and I went to church with Mother and Granny for Mother's Day. The children again did great. I love it when they are so very showered with compliments on their behavior and how very sweet and good looking they all are. It really is the best Mother's Day gift ever to be given compliments on your children. It just never gets old. To know that everything we are working so hard to instill in them is evident to others is so amazing and such a blessing to me. I want them each to be able to stand out in the group of them and on their own. My desire for them is that when they are looked at individually that they are so well dressed and well kept that one would never guess that they are not an only child. I want each and every one of them to know and I want to teach them that they stand out for their own individual reasons and they each shine brightly according to their character strengths.

Grayson's is for his very social and outspoken, friendly, intelligent and confident personality.

Evye's is for how loving, nurturing and willing to serve she is and the honesty and kindness with which her angelic blue eyes speak.

Aubrey stands out for, of course, her notorious firecracker personality and the spirit with which she not only speaks but pursues all of life. It's hard not to fall in love with her just due to the sheer nature of how determined and stubborn she is. It is obvious to most everyone that she will go really far in life given the big spirit she has harbors in such a little tiny body.

Garrison shines for his humor and outgoing nature. Even in his 2 yr old body he is quite the star of the show......he and Grayson can entertain an audience for hours!

Grant is ever the soft spoken, tenderhearted, gentle natured one of them all. He's so entirely lovable. He is the one that is so very keen on the spirit around him and seems to be tuned into what is taking place around him in the spiritual realm.

And little Garrett is so far the ever happy, delightful contented one that is happy with most all of life. He just wants to be surrounded by people and his good natured personality and joy of life is contagious to all.


Alright, this has become too long already. I'll continue on tomorrow with all of the latest happenings. We have had a very full week. I really should try and write once a day just for the ease of keeping up with it all. Our life doesn't seem very busy until I sit down to try to capture it all in words.

Things to catch up on include Garrison's trip to the ER, the rattler Brad killed 2 days ago in the pasture, our 2 turtle rescues, and the children's latest science lesson. More on those later.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...