Sunday, May 08, 2011

Just Another Day in Paradise




Disclaimer.....there is absolutely no makeup going on here....but, in my defense, it was a lazy Saturday afternoon. So, wearing both babies comfortably!! I've tried both Ergos a few times but the shoulder pads always seemed too bulky and the chest latch in the front from the backpacked baby always seemed to be right at head height for front baby. This worked out to be the absolute best arrangement I have found. Entirely comfy, secure for lots of movement on my part and the shoulder pads of each carrier do not stack on top of each other but merely criss cross since they fit differently. The backpack is still Brad's absolute favorite to wear babies. In fact, this is the only way he will ever wear a baby....and he is content to wear them like this even way past two years old. He still wears Ivye.











Riding up front in the Ergo. It's blurry but so sweet. Gatlin's a seriously lovey little cuddle bug that prefers to be up front while Graham is ever moving, ever active and always wanting to be in on the action....or, at least up high where he can see all of it. Though he does not exactly despise the front, he is not a huge fan of it either. So, he's very happy and up high with a full view.





Busyness





.....where the missing one was









Twin play






Twice the smiles. I absolutely LOVE this part of twins. It's still so surreal to be doing this again. How amazed I still am and how truly blessed we are.




I'd been making baby food all day so the kitchen's a wreck. But, as a result they now have tons of plums, butternut squash, strawberries and bananas, applesauce, green beans, and sweet potatoes. There was enough of all to meet immediate needs and freeze large batches.








Gavin absolutely loves his buddies. They are quite the source of entertainment for him. And he, in turn, occupies them quite well too.









Telling secrets





Big brother love. His week for kitchen duty. While Graham was happily all over the living area in his usual

state of constant motion Gatlin got fussy and was ready to be put down for a nap. Grayson asked to wear him instead. So, kitchen duty with a baby for company. That's some seriously sweet company.






Perfectly content in every way, it took about 2 minutes, if that, before he was out like a light.










Playing with "Baby A"...also affectionately known as "cracker baby". The children call them "Baby A" and "Baby B" with such endearment and have nicknamed them this with such love that babies now respond to it as well as they do their names....just as Garrett responds to "Shorty". And, no, Garrett's not short. He is, in fact, only half an inch away from catching up to Grant. Other nicknames for Graham include "cracker baby" as stated above. And Gatlin's other commonly used one is "tubby boy".







when I need them stationary for awhile




all played out




2 comments:

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

You don't need make up at all, you are absolutely beautiful! I never got on with carrying babies. I found carrying one hard going on my back and was just something I never took to. Oh and you are so blessed, your family is gorgeous!

Karen T said...

I had a blue corduroy Snuggli back in the day. I loved it & used it with all 3 of my children. I saved it for my daughter but she complained that it hurt her back to front pack the kids. I loved the coziness of keeping my babies next to me throughout the day.

Grayson is so sweet to wear a baby while he does dishes. "Awww" :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...