Sunday, January 09, 2011

The Balancing Act

He's so big he could count as another kid...or adult.
Babies were already asleep for the night so they missed out on being mauled by the new member of the family.

I'm not exactly doing so great about this once a day thing but I refuse to get my priorities screwed up and spend any and all free time on the computer or be holed up typing while the children grow feral. Once again, there is balance to be found in everything and the year of 2011 is about learning to balance everything within my life. I have a tendency to be a bit fanatical about every task that I attempt, to the extent of forsaking all that is truly important. Extreme would be a fitting word. So, I seek to maintain my priorities and blog in the midst of little boys stuck on the roof, little girls flushing entire rolls of toilet paper down toilets, tons of kids bbing, 22ing and firecrakering up stained, discarded baby dolls, nursing babies, changing babies, nursing babies again, schooling, teaching children to read, dumped out 50 lb bags of dog food as little boys sought to refill the can, digging rocks out of the dryer, emptying millions of pockets of their many outdoor treasures that are not so entirely conducive to washing machines, still nursing babies, changing babies and the myriad of other things a day holds. What would life be without it all? Wonderful, crazy, noisy, chaotic, joy filled life with children...lots of them....and lots of little boys with little boy antics and a tiny little girl boasting a mischevious streak a mile wide.








Helping Daddy jump it off





More of Ivye feeding the cat..at least this time it wasn't the entire 10 lb bag
After discovering she was not in her bed and nowhere to be found in the house 10 very long minutes later we found her here. She was overlooked in our haste and the original quick scan we did of the boys' room. With Evye and Aubrey staying up late on a girls night Ivye took it upon herself to go find company. She loathes being left alone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how fast a panic sets in when you can't find a child. Just a few minutes seem like an eternity as every horrible thing that could happen races through your mind. On a good note, at least she has plenty of company to keep up with, and out of your room. Unlike my son who ends up there more nights than not.

Nikki Bettis said...

Jennifer...so true!! The panic starts pretty immediately on our end since they are almost always together and amazingly inseparable...even our older ones! They kind of run in groups..the older 2...then the middle 4 and then the yonger 3. Babies are a litle stationary at this point. :) This past summer we had an incident where our then 2 yr old went missing. He was found locked within the truck, so my heart skips a beat every time we can't find somebody. That blog post is here:
http://medicinemansgirl.blogspot.com/2010/07/to-heed-his-voice.html

And #7, the one that locked himself in the truck, actually slept in our bedroom floor on a crib mattress for 2 yrs!! I thought it'd never come to an end and surely he was going to have attachment issues. He's perfectly fine and normal now and has been sleeping in the boys' room for a yr now. I thought that day would never get here!! Brad teases that he's going to be our failure to launch kid...as he still is never far from sight....ever. LOL!

JuRita said...

I just started following your blog! :) I could have written the exact same words (and i only have 5). Thank you for sharing... i needed some laughter at the end of my day (although i hear a little one that is going to need nursed again) so it is not the end YET! blessings to you!

Terri said...

Oh we should have coffee and share stories!!! I am pregnant with number 10 and still lose them sometime,s but not as often because their are more eyes watching. We used to joke that 911 new our name!! "Help!! I can't find my two-year-old....!!" Too many times!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...