Thursday, April 19, 2007

House of Color

Well, somehow when I do have the time to actually be creative enough to jot down what all has happened within the last few days it seems all I want to do is sleep. I've had very good intentions of keeping up on here but within the last week all I want to do is sleep. The anemia should be gone......despite the state of dehydration that I always seem to live in.....so no I think I can just chalk it up to plain old 3rd trimester pregnancy. Tomorrow I'll be 29 wks. It seems rather unthinkable. I still feel like I just found out only a few weeks ago...and here we are with only 10 wks to go. Suppose I should do a little something to get ready for this baby. At this point if you were to walk into our home you wouldn't even be able to tell I'm even pregnant. There's not really much to do, I guess. To put the swing up now only takes up room and the crib is currently occupied and there's really no reason to set up the travel crib yet, as it will only take up space too not to mention collecting the infinite amount of dust around here....and it would be a huge climbing attraction for some 2 yr olds too.





But, to get back on track, yesterday after some very long planning and after some even longer color choosing over and over and changing of the minds at least that many times Brad finally started in on our new indoor house colors. It is the most fun thing ever to be so free and just forsake any traditional neutral colors and opinions and go out there on the edge and live like we feel. They're shocking colors but the children are in love and have helped pick out their favorite picks through it all. We narrowed it down to 2-3 choices of paint schemes for the den and we let them decide between the 3. They love being able to help determine what it will look like and being able to live in what they love. Anyway, here's the up and coming hallway. It still has to be trimmed and the crown molding put up. And the front 1/2 of the hallway we figured out in the process needs a 2nd coat of primer before we can carry on with the paint.



The front entry wall and other 2 walls that face you as you walk down the hallway will be the accent walls in "brilliant orange" and it will all be trimmed in cobalt blue named "decadent blue". Pretty wild!!! The front door is a wild bright red named appropriately "deep fire" and the front porch bench is also painted the same color. Mother was miraculously able to find a great wild red bird feeder and gave it to us for Christmas so the front yard accent colors are bright red against the khaki colored brick and black shutters. This pic was taken right after we moved inand before we added our colors. The purple bench that you can hardly see is the one that is now bright red along with the front door that was the same purple that is now the same bright red as the bench. We now have 2 hanging baskets in between the porch poles with bright yellow flowers and hummingbird feeders (both red, of course)on the sides of the porch. I'll see if I can go take some more recent pics here in awhile. I'll also see if I can get Brad to scan the pics and color samples of what we want to do to finish is all out. But, for now, that's our start on it all. It's really fun and despite the rather shocked and appalled reactions we've gotten I just figure.......how many kids in the world get to live in a house with colors like this???!!!!! They love it and I'm tired of seeing all of the perfectly matched neutral homes in books and model homes.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...